eLofty Direct Drive Discussions-read before buying

I am guessing that is correct but you will need to try it to see. A destacked DKP design may turn less than a TKP so be easy on the throttle

1 Like

Will try for science!

Although tbh, I’ve pretty much just ridden on whatever setup is present at hand so aside from “jeez this turns horrible” and “good enough” I don’t know whats a decent setup :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I’ve got a set of destacked DKPs attached to some g-bombs that I’ll be trying out as soon as this cold and wet lets up…

2 Likes

I actually weighing around 120 lbs lol. I’m trying to make an enclosure with kydex so I think it will stand. I was thinking to wedge the front and back too with 3d printed risers. Now I’m just worrying about the motor and whether it won’t come undone due to lack of locktite.

This is right.
I’m actually riding with a single kingpin.

did anyone try the new HFI mode on the elofty direct drives?

I’ve read good things over at this thread: VESC-Tool 2.0 and Firmware 4.0 - The beginning of a new era - (SERIOUS)

I might have some time over the weekend to try it out. I’m mainly curious on how the braking will be since this is direct drive compared to mostly belt drive user testing over on that thread

1 Like

destacking a DKP truck will give you a truck of about 35 degrees… I know… I run a DKP front and a destacked DKP to TKP truck in the rear… split angle 50-35 it handles great, carvey but also stable at speed…

for a front truck I don’t think you’ll be happy unless you wedge the front truck after destacking…

3 Likes

Should be beneficial as DD operate at lower speeds longer than belt/gear drives and HFI supposedly increases startup torque

1 Like

compared to what?
un/sensored bldc?
un/sensored foc?

1 Like

I believe compared to un/sensored foc. As far as I understand, HFI isn’t yet available for foc. Or I might have that backwards…but I’m pretty sure it’s compared to un/sensored foc

Caveat my previous statement that HFI supposed increases startup torque compared to not having HFI on xD

1 Like

I tried HFI on the DD’s over the weekend and wasn’t able to get it to work yet.
I tried the settings: 20v, 16v, 20v

And there was still quite a bit of cogging. I might just extend my sensor wires and do sensored foc or sensored bldc instead

1 Like

My hanger broke ~2 weeks back. I wrote to Kenna and to my surprise I got an immediate response. She said she would get me a replacement hanger. After that she started making excuses though and eventually became completely silent so I don’t think there will be any replacement.

Still, I wouldn’t mind paying for the new hangers. I did enjoy riding my elofty drive. Are they available for sale anywhere?

3 Likes

I believe Nathan at @Esk8supply can provide them for you :slight_smile:

6 Likes

your motor cans look like they’ve been through hell :o

3 Likes

Tis but a scratch. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Can I ask how much you weigh?

1 Like

:upside_down_face:

about 75 kg, maybe 80 kg with gear

1 Like

I have a set of these on my build but didn’t get to ride them much before winter hit. Just wondering how careful I’ll have to be when summer arrives again :thinking:

First test drive and end up with the loose can thingy. :man_shrugging:
What do I do now? Screw it back up and apply locktite?
Edit:
damaged the magnets. Sweet.

1 Like