Electrify Expo Race League -Pheonix - Weekend Schedule

Electrify Expo Race League -Pheonix - Weekend Schedule

• Pheonix - State Farm Stadium
  • May 4-5
  • Electrify Race League RACING!! Also a lot of other cool things to see at the expo.
  • Electrify Expo
  • Race Registration is $50 ( Includes 2 days of racing, access to the expo, and an additional ticket for a guest)

I want to use this thread here as a place to provide some information and what you can expect next week in Pheonix for the 1st race weekend for the Electrify Race League. We have some real big plans for this series and want to make it as fun and as competitive as possible. We’ve got a great team so far and just brought Joe - Socal_legend on board to help with race management! We’re also going to be filming a reality/documentary series on the whole event which will be an amazing way to create memories and have them forever to show your friends and family. So stoked about this.

So here’s what your day is going to look like as a racer!!!

Gate opens at 8:30 AM for Racers.
Arriving at the expo, racers will have their OWN separate check in line at the main box office. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO STAND IN THE NORMAL ENTRANCE LINE This line will open up at 8:30 AM for Racers. You will pick up your welcome packet which will include your wrist bands and your race bibs.

From there you will walk in to the expo grounds and make your way to track where you will walk up to Racer Registration. Here at registration you will have to check in with us to get your transponders and go through tech inspection.

8:30 - 10AM
Tech Inspection: Bring your board and your gear (Helmet,Pads) so we can give you the final clear to race.
Please be ready to make this quick and easy. This is mostly for the Stock and Mod class. We will be making sure your board is Stock (ZERO modifications to the board as stated in the rule book, I’m not going to care if you have stickers or shredlights brackets, that’s fine with me.) For Mod we will just be verifying the deck and enclosure are from a Stock Complete board.

10:10 AM - MANDATORY RIDERS MEETING
We will give you a run down of the day here, go over rider safety, course safety and flow and what the day is going to look like. We will go over starting procedures, flags, what happens in the event of crashes, restarts, etc… Please be on time!!!

HOT TRACK STARTS AT 10:30AM
Practice 1
10:30 AM Modified 10 minutes
10:40 AM Stock 10 minutes
10:50 AM Pro 10 minutes

Practice 2
11:00 AM Modified 10 minutes
11:10 AM Stock 10 minutes
11:20 AM Pro 10 minutes

Practice 3
11:30AM Open Practice 25 minutes

Superpole
12:00PM Modified 20 minutes / each racer gets a green, white, checkered to make a fast lap (2 laps)

Qualifying
12:20PM Stock 20 minutes allows announcer to fully elaborate on sponsors and details of the board or racer
12:40PM Pro 20 minutes heat races will be inverted lineup
1:30PM Superpole Ends

Heat 1
1:30 PM Modified 20 minutes top 2 in each heat advance
1:50 PM Stock 20 minutes inverted lineup from quals
2:10 PM Pro 20 minutes

LCQ
3:00 PM

Modified LCQ
10 minutes top 2 advance (TBD by number of entries)

Modified Main Race
3:10PM Modified Main 20 minutes 4-10 riders

LCQ
3:30PM Stock LCQ 10 minutes top 2 advance

Stock Main Race
3:40PM Stock Main 20 minutes 4-10 riders

LCQ
4:00PM Pro LCQ 10 minutes top 2 advance

PRO Main Race
4:10PM Pro Main 20 minutes 4-10 riders

This is a rough but pretty close schedule for the day. Will be tweaked on the fly if we need to make adjustments but this is what you can expect this weekend. Since these are 2 separate days of racing the schedule will be the same both days.

Hope this helps!!!

11 Likes

@longhairedboy can I edit this post?

you should be able to, its the little pencil button at the bottom

I don’t know if he’s high enough level, I think you need to be member and he’s basic user

2 Likes

@jamie too

2 Likes

Thanks guys!! thanks @jamie :call_me_hand:t5::call_me_hand:t5:

1 Like

Just to clarify, the race will be on the 4th or the 5th? And if I’m bringing my friend along as a guest to enter, how do I transfer tickets? Just wanted to make sure since I signed up for the race and I’m really excited to get going.

There’s racing on both days. Separate from each other, sort of. You get points from both days of racing to determine the champions

Phoenixxxxxxx O-E lmao sorry

Also, any idea on laps? I’m trying to tune my board to not overheat and that would be helpful info considering it’ll be easily 90-100 degrees. Thank you!!

i’d gotta guess to plan for 4
likely will be less

1 Like

Mine is already overheating here on brps… Not good lol

Motors at 84c after 10 laps on super short track. Maybe it’ll survive

3 Likes

Also, how strict would the inspection be? I’m running stock and I recently switched to fresh rubber. My board comes stock with the 6-inch sunmates, but they have no treads left. I got a new set of sunmates from bkb boards but it doesn’t really say sunmates on them. The tires only have build kit boards written on them instead of sunmates. I just wanted to clarify my situation because I don’t want to end up going so far and not race lol.

tenor

5 Likes

If the inspector is experienced, it seems like that should be no problem, anyone who knows sunmate would recognize it in an instant

The Bkb tires on the urge hand, very different and much grippier

Two completely separate days of racing. If you want to win the prize money you have to race both days to earn enough points to win the $$$$ You will get a guest pass when you pick up your racer pack on day 1.

2 Likes

Pro is going to be 5 laps.
Mod and Stock are 3 laps.

100 degrees in the forecast… where’s the pool party?

1 Like

those will be be fine… those are def not bkb v2’s lol.

5.4 Elbow pads, knee pads, gloves, chest protection are required.

in the rules

note Chest Protection. I think a large portion of esk8 racers do not have chest protection. and may miss this call out.

3 Likes

:sweat_smile: maaan is my armored jacket not enough