| Electric Slide | Bustin' Maestro, Venom Mach 1, 40T, SR TKP, Hammocks

Oh yeah, it looks like it might be too deep is what I meant. Send me the dimensions over PM?

1 Like

Any news or long term review on this?

Unfortunately I’ve been AWOL from building for the time being–school is sticking it’s giant dickosaurus rex in my butt.

2 Likes

New plans: SR TKP’s, Hammocks, 32/20 gear ratio and will be building a 13s4p battery with used LG M26 batteries I got from here:

I know they have shitty specs for our use but they were .66/cell and this will be goo practice for battery building for me. I just wanna use what I got.

!

Ignore the diagonal motor set-up, that was the old plan. Just the layout for the cells at 13s4p

3 Likes

I thought I’d seen these cells on here… Have you put these into a pack yet or tested the cells at all? Look like some are welded and some aren’t?

(also do you want to part with some so I don’t have to buy 200? lol)

1 Like

lmao so I measured the voltage on like 20 or so just out of curiousity and they were all in the 2.6x-3.4x range. Which is OK i guess. I ordered a bunch of shit off aliexpress to test the capacity and I’m still waiting on them to show up. Hopefully within the next week or 2 (it’s already been about 2 weeks). But yeah man, I would gladly part with some of these. I’m also waiting on wraps in the mail, I’m gonna rewrap them cuz I broke the insulation on many while tearing them apart. PM about how many you’d want man.

1 Like

BAHHHHHHOK, there is some serious morphing happening in this thread–fuck these salvaged cells I’m going for the real thing rather than just use scraps I happened to have lying around. Going 40T cells for the win!!

Here’s the dilemma: I plan on having 1.6:1 gear ratio with 200KV maytech 6365’s now, so the question for the battery configuration becomes; either 10s4p or 12s3p?

10s3p

Too ambitious? The BMS is friggin tiny I feel like I could have it sit on top like that and it’d barely occupy more room.

12s3p

I just wonder–do I really need 12swith 40T cells? I’ve got enough top speed with the gear ratio and 200KV motors. the extra range with 10s4p would be dope. What do you guys think? Do you think the 10s4p is even feasible? Also, am I going to have more torque and top speed with 12s, because if I lose lose torque going 10s over 12s I don’t think I can sacrifice that. Suggestions plzzzz =/

1 Like

Torque depends on the power of your battery. More cells = more power. That being said, the BMS on top of the battery is going to take up a bit of space. I would personally go with the 12s3p and change to a lower gear ratio if I didn’t need the extra speed.

1 Like

im all for massiv motor pulleys and high top speed. just up the motor and battery max (im at 90 battery max and 140 motor max that is the combined. if that isn’t enough adjust the 0.3 sec ramp up time to something lower. I’m running pretty much the same topspeed as you and im in love. if that is not enough torque for you then get some 18t motor pulleys instead. just my opinion anyways. kv differs a ton so you will be off either way.
10s is for old people.
motors should stay cold on small urethane even if it is quite hot outside. if it was AT wheels I would definitely rethink.

1 Like

ahh very good, I think I’ll start a poll if I can figure out how to do this thing! 34 yr old boomer over here, sorry

1 Like

10s will age you.

1 Like
  • 10s4p
  • 12s3p

0 voters

1 Like

If your gearing/kv/wheels are same for both, the difference would be:

12s3p more top speed than 10s4p
12s3p less range than 10s4p (~60wh less = around 3 miles less range; faster top speed cuts range as well)
12s3p more efficient power delivery than 10s4p (better thermals)
acceleration will be the same pretty much, whatever you set motor amps at.

I would go with 12s3p.

3 Likes

I’M ALREADY GETTIN THERE, broke my ankle a couple months ago and have acquired the old-bones mentality =/

2 Likes

Wait what’s the plan here? That’s a really low gear ratio and a setup that will be heavily leaning towards top end power. What wheel diameter are you using and what are your top speed goals. The gearing will also hurt your efficiency so that should or taken into consideration as you evaluate a 12AH pack vs a 16 AH

2 Likes

12S + charge and ride system/external 12S parallel.

1 Like

I am currently recovering from a broken arm and am making similar battery considerations for a Loaded Icarus build that will let me swap between Mach 1s and Caguamas. I was worried ab not having enough top speed on 10S with the 78mm wheels … but I already have boards that can hit 40 mph and I don’t think I want to go that fast on small wheels. I am limited on how many P42a cells I can squeeze into the Eboosted enclosure. So I end up thinking 10S, sure why not? But then I think ab Kenny’s @KfromtheBay small board with the Mach 1’s and I am back on team 12S.

EDIT: just realized the Snot Rocket is actually 10S. With 30T pulleys I think 10S will be plenty fast.

Whatever you decide, good luck with the build and be careful when you get back out there Tim.

1 Like

they’re venom mach 1’s, which are 78mm, so that’s why the gear ratio is all crazy

hell yeah, thanks @nomadic_myke :call_me_hand: :call_me_hand: I hope your arm’s healing up ok. How bad was the break?

Three weeks ago I had a remote or ESC dropout which resulted in sudden brakes (or at least it felt like that). I was on an incline and I tried running off the front of the board at around 18 mph and the ground quickly came up to meet me. I snapped my left radius and severely dislocated my ulna. I learned the next day that my injury is called a “Galeazzi fracture”.

I saw a hand surgeon and got everything set within the first 36 hours and during the procedure my ulna moved back into position so I dodged having protruding bolts on my wrist as was planned. It hurt like a bastard and I am taking a 2 month break from riding boards to let it heal.

I will invest in slide gloves and probably elbow pads before I get back to riding ESK8 everyday. Fortunately the pain is under control now with Advil. You took out your ankle right? How’s your recovery?

2 Likes