| Electric Slide | Bustin' Maestro, Venom Mach 1, 40T, SR TKP, Hammocks

Just my thoughts. I guess more leverage, more feeling under the feet are important for sliding. Top mount is better in that then other configurations.

drop through is better for sliding IMO

2 Likes

All about what you prefer or get used to. top mount will have more leverage drop through you’ll be lower and more stable. For esk8 most of us top mount for motor and enclosure clearance and the feel isn’t really the deciding factor. I prefer somewhat low boards and hate high ones but for me top mount with no drop and 80mm wheels is low enough.

1 Like

Mount motors dual diagonal.

1 Like

Oo. RESEARCH TIME

1 Like

Or get spiral bevel gear box

6 Likes

I wish that’s jut too much $$$ sadly

1 Like

Moon gears however are in my range

3 Likes

Moon gears feel cozy and cuddly with Surf Rodz, they don’t like calibers

1 Like

8 Likes

I was thinking 30T for 2p and 40T for bigger , im going to experiment with some 1p configs of 30T for my skatepark build

2 Likes

Ive got a 10s2p 30T in my single gear drive. Does pretty well for me.

2 Likes

I’ve got a Maestro as my push board and I’d be surprised if you could run it motorized as drop through. That deck is super low on the ground, and with some flex, it’s very likely to present some scraping risks for your enclosure. Also, on standard width RKP trucks, you get potential wheel bite on anything over 80mm wheels. Top mounting will probably be your best option, hopefully without risers.

1 Like

Luckily those wheels are under 80mm

1 Like

Range?

1 Like

Yeah the idea behind this build definitely a challenge, and the clearance is certainly one of those challenges I want to play with. I have the whooooole winter for this one, woohoo!

Did a little mock-up tonight; threw on the 12s2p with TB 6355 190KVs I had laying around and a couple FOCBOXes dual independent and ecalibers drop through. Got to finally ride on the Venom Mach 1’s with @moon pulleys :innocent::innocent::black_heart::black_heart::black_heart:uuuggh, THESE WHEELS ARE AMAAAZING

@b264 got the motors out of the way heh

I topped out at around 27mph, but battery was sagging at that point. I like how fuckin light this shit is with the 12s2p but the range does blow…I’ll be swapping the motors eventually with SK3 6365 170KV’s, my question is - will I lose top speed going from 190kv to 170 kv? 27mph is already kind of disappointing but IDK what else to expect with 78mm wheels and 180lb rider. How do you guys think I can get more top speed out of this thing? The flexiness of the deck is dope when you’re going 25mph, and the Mach 1’s mow over cracks almost as well as my TB110s.

5 Likes

Yes

Increase number of teeth on motor pulley

1 Like

How crazy is it do go to 20T motor pulleys? I’m upping the torque with bigger better 170KV motors, but how much of that will be lost with 20mm pulleys you think? :thinking::thinking:

20mm or 20 teeth?