Electric inline skates - A tiresome journey of building

After years of being here I notice only now that I really never committed to the build thread :woozy_face:

So here we go!

I’m gonna use this topic as notebook so expect weird posts sometimes :beers:

Specs / project / stories / pics coming later!

16 Likes

Bruh you can’t just say ‘electric inline skates’ and not have pics

7 Likes

On the move and with the phone, promise I won’t let you hang up hahaha

8 Likes

Definitely about time for a build thread :point_up::grin:

2 Likes

I think I started in these forums in 2017. @Vanarian I believe these were on your radar even back then! I’m excited to see what progress you’ve made and how you plan to implement, as well as your findings. Always thought this was a crazy/cool idea. Like everyone else, following because I wanna see the pics!!!

6 Likes

Wow thank you for the warm support :pray::pray:

Bit of spoiler, some of the design may look weird haha so hope it will survive the test of fire!

2 Likes

saw this funny Ghetto style build on an evening of wandering around on Youtube;

3 Likes

I kinda love it, lol.

1 Like

I can’t remember who posted it on Youtube but I saw one where the battery and controller were on his back and then each skate used an old hub motor behind the skate to power them. The guy also started with some 3-d printed components before they ended up being destroyed :rofl:

The build did end up being successful in the end after replacing them with stronger materials

2 Likes

Idk how vapor this is but here’s another attempt.

4 Likes

Platform kinda high

3 Likes

Well they’ve been running and are using them round tyre shaped skateboard hubs for drive.

I forgot which brand uses them in pré builts!

It is almost the previous formula from Thundrblades but with thick tyres instead of skate parts.

Oh if you like low platform I got a thing cooking

What boots type are you using btw? 165/195mm raised heel, UFS or Trinity?

2 Likes

You can’t just tease this and not have pics or specs for months! :smiley: A friend of mine wants to start building his own in a few months with my help

2 Likes

Sorry I’m delayed with home moving again :pray::pray::pray:

I have to put some shit together before the end of this year then we can go back at it in January :fire:

I think since July it’s my 4th and biggest house swap. Empty basement, garage, throw away what can be etc… Put everything in a truck and I’ll have 900km to drive to reach new settlement :truck:

Edit : I have an issue with notifications I don’t receive any!

Ok in fact if your friend and you wanna work this out together we can also cook something after I moved. PM me :+1:

6 Likes

Good luck! :fire: Will send you a PM in late Jan / Feb. Thanks :+1:

1 Like