"Electric Baguette" : SR Carbon Flex 2.0 Limited Orange | 8S4P 30Q Battery | SR Flexible Enclosure | Focbox Unity |TB DirectDrive 75kv | 120mm SR Oranges Foamies

Seconded, Russ is old school and knows exactly what he’s doing.

2 Likes

Hello guys, I received a bunch of items and I am starting to test everything out.

My first issue is putting the foamies on the direct drives, it seems that the metal pegs are not filling the ABEC holes of the foamies properly, is that bad and if yes how can I fix it ? @torqueboards If you have any solution please…

Here a video of the issue :

Its bad for the cores of the wheels, the constant moving and forces against it will eventually wear out the core, leading to a busted wheel.

You can fix this by putting shrinkwrap on the pulley/adapter thing to remove the little gaps.

^ All see-say from a thread earlier

5 Likes

Yeah that’s normal with foamies it’s a crappy core just heatshrink like goblin said

3 Likes

Hey guys, thanks for the suggestion. I tried with what I had at home (shrink tube) and it was not sucessful (see images)

I guess I will have to buy shrinkwrap so it fits better. Any recommendation to buy some in the EU that would be useful for this task ?

3 Likes

This might sound dumb, but I wonder if you could buy a thin, long bolt, cut it up into pieces, and then epoxy those pieces into the wheel hub in the current gaps. With a bit of filing I think you could get a pretty good fit. I just don’t know if that would hold up or not, but I think it would.

1 Like