Ekewill Board - Baja Alternative

Baja Alternative board

2 Likes

I personally know all the importers. @elitejarcool being one of them. They’re a great bunch of people. Ekewill honestly looks like it’ll do pretty well in aus

4 Likes

Any idea on their planetary gear drive setup? I think that’s the next logical step in minimizing drive size while allowing for our desired gearing ranges.

Scares me to have my motors on my axles on a mtb though.

2 Likes

Definitely this

That’s why you have the single wheel suspension.

1 Like

I’ll try to get some pics and info for ya

3 Likes

5 Likes

Single wheel suspension isn’t going to save my motor cans from the peak of a hill though.

Thank you for sharing those photos. They really help visualizing.

3 Likes

Are these normal steel? Rust comes to mind in wet areas (such as offroad) not that it matters a whole lot, but i dont like rusty parts :smiley:.

Love this concept. Seeing the old stary motors made me realise its probably real hard and expensive to get these working well and moderatly quiet tho. Helical or V-cut gears would be the trick I’d guess

1 Like

Question out of interest - why are helical or v-cut gears quieter than normal gears? What’s the physics behind this?

Teeth engagement, spur gears engage more individually. Sure there are some fancy GIFs if you google it

1 Like

Is many reason. For gear is depend on helix angle. Needing to find right angle for application. If angle is not can not transfer too much torque. Or can be very loud. Is better for mesh with this type of gear and is use for car gearbox.

3 Likes

I can suggest to produce them out of stainless steal, if they aren’t.

1 Like

As Jeff is mentioning, when straight spur gears mesh, it’s the whole face of one tooth contacting the whole face of another tooth.

Helical or herringbone gears have less contact at any given point so the transfer of forces is more fluid.

3 Likes

Is too heavy and not strong enough for this.

1 Like

Motor in the rim of the wheel, gearbox housing next to it, attached to the truck. If you can even call it a truck in this case. Suspension arm more accurate.

Any users of or feedback for these Ekewill boards?