eFlowboard/Street Snowboard progress pics

Thanks a lot AB, thats really helpful. Im not clear about what you said about the esc having the circuitry to handle an on/off switch. Are there esc’s that dont have a switch?

Thanks a lot glyphiks, i appreciate the suggestions. From what i understand a bluetooth module is used for programming the esc with a vesc tool and for seeing realtime motor data. Is that all it does, or is there more? I was thinking i would do without the realtime data to avoid buying another remote but being able to keep an eye on the motor temperature seems pretty important huh?

2 Likes

I prefer the touch to see if burn-y method.

2 Likes

I don’t know the last time I had a functional temp sensors AND a way to read it…if I can give the can a squeeze it’s good to keep going

1 Like

Tbh the main reason i like to use a bluetooth module is for programming. I hate ever going back inside an enclosure.

The next biggest reason is for fault codes.

The least of my concerns is real time data.

4 Likes

Don’t forget logs. That tells you where your bottlenecks are and lets you know how demanding a route or part of a route is on your system.

3 Likes

I don’t really consider a regular bluetooth module to be a logger.

I assumed we were talking about bluetooth module specifically, rather than a logger.

My bad I assumed something like metr. Metr is awesome.

1 Like

Good old digit-al analog!

1 Like

Awesome. Thanks for chiming in!

Thanks glyphiks. Knowledge of fault logs is another step on my learning curve!

3 Likes

Works for me. Thanks ZT!

I’m seeing button on the vesc tool named Vesc Remote Quick Pair. i’m assuming i need to pair the remote to the esc but i dont know how to do that with the blue tooth module in the comm port. Can i replace the 7 prong plug on the receiver harness with the 6 prong plug from the extra hall sensor harness i dont need?

If so should insert the wires so that the green wire goes in the 1st hole from the left, left meaning looking at the can port so that its facing the center of the esc, the orange one in the 2nd hole, the black one in the 4th hole, and the red one in the 6th hole?

Also, the diagram for the Flipsky FSESC4.20 single states that the loose white wire on the receiver harness needs to be soldered to the red battery wire. Am i understanding that right? Its a hell of a big blob of solder fixing the red battery wire to the esc and being that im a rookie solderer im tredidatious about messing with it.

this button is meant for the expensive vesc.com vescs that have integrated radio for remotes.

You are using PWM input, when you follow the instructions in the two wizards it should clear up how it works here.

does not need to be. optional especially if you use bluetooth to check battery.

if you were to this is the easy place to solder it at.

I cannot overstate how these usefull these ceramic tweezers we talk about are when learning to solder solidly for esk8.

1 Like

Gotta catch em all :rofl:

1 Like

This feedback is most excellent sir. Thanks a million!!

1 Like

Another gawddamn learning experience!

Im configuring my motor and remote in the vesc tool and have a few questions. First, Im unsure of what, if any, battery current regen and battery current max values i need to input for my lithium ion 36v 10s5p 10ah battery.

Also, im stuck at the stage at the ppm mapping screen of the Input Setup Wizard. I found an old thread in which other people were having similar confusions. From what i understand i should be directed to toggle the throttle front and back to map it. Im not seeing those instructions and the ppm pulse length mapping values are all at zero. I clicked apply to see what would happen and got a message telling me to activate RT app data. I then highlited the RT App button to the right.

Then i read the tutorial on PPM pulse length mapping. Im not sure how to reboot the vesc and so that’s where i find myself in limbo. Does anyone have a few minutes to help me out of this quagmire?

1 Like