Ecomobl Warning M53 (DO NOT BUY)

I think the only thing the guy from europe did wasto call it M53… All the rest was Ecomobl

This thread isn’t about what ecomobl is considering or how many happy riders there are.

The facts are clear to me, all the riders I know with ecomobl products (3 people) have experienced problems upon arrival or the following month.

But I guess potential buyers should do they risk analysis for themselves.

Not saying ecomobl isn’t capabel of producing good products.
But from what I have seen the Quality control is seriously lacking.

Maybe in the Future you guys Will get it sorted out.
But I’m not interested in what you guys Will be doing in the Future.
The deck I have now sucks and it comes from your factory wich tells me enough.

2 Likes

Guys, I get it. It’s fun to bash smaller companies from China who are trying to break out. Particularly from a DIY perspective. But it’s simply not factually correct that the M5 and M53 motors are the same. They very clearly are not and know the M5 is for sale now.

This is the M53 motor:
/zGYxTY5/8-C39-D075-C2-F2-4492-B22-F-488-A16-F3-C21-D (add https colon slash slash i for ibb dot co at start and dot jpeg to end to see)

This is the M5 motor sold right now:

/hFwfrgP/E51-F716-F-A0-D8-4-C9-C-8254-2122-CDAB820-F (add https colon slash slash i for ibb dot co at start and dot jpeg to end to see)

If you don’t like factory builds and are viewing these kinds of offerings from a DIY perspective I can understand the lack of enthusiasm. If you are European and have an affinity for the Spanish warehouse owner personally I get it. But the facts remain. The M5 & M53 are not the same. The M53 is not sold by Ecomobl. And the M53 was influenced by the Spanish warehouse owners desires and Ecomobl quickly distances themselves from what he felt was a good idea.

I can’t provide images or links or I would but the motors are different and the M5 is the only one sold by Ecomobl dot com

Still going strong about the motors, they are NOT the problem.
The motors are fine no problems with them. It’s the deck, battery, esc and overall Quality control.

1 Like

The combo didn’t work. The combo was not something Ecomobl envisioned themselves and is not something they are selling from the dot com site. It is therefore not reflective of the rest of the line overall.

Ecomobl .com was selling the M5 with 100mm motors. That’s a fact. The warehouse is a warehouse. It’s not a rebranding. The product it’s under Ecomobl responsibility.

I can’t see Exway saying that Slick Revolution is selling his own version of the Exway Flex. That sounds absurd.

I’m not a DIY guy. But I lived the frustration of having a Ecomobl board working awful and they didn’t do anything to solve it. And mine was an M5 bought directly form the China website.

1 Like

If I’m a distributor of Exway products for my region and I decide to try and combine some Exway elements with some other parts from others and that combo doesn’t work as hoped for and customers feel my combination isn’t to their liking then that’s on me. Especially if the main Exway division is offering a different configuration and not selling what I have decided to offer instead.

Custom combos can work obviously and if they do and become big sellers then sometimes the primary companies may decide to follow suit and adapt and sell as well but if it doesn’t work and those same combinations aren’t available from the primary company directly then the issue is more reflective of that unique combination attempted and the combo of components that were sourced at that time to make it.

A Company producing a product, from wich they know it’s not right and still Selling it under their own name, now that doesn’t give me a lot of trust :sweat_smile:

Is there a minimum post limit before images can be used?

I think there is, you could pm them to me and i’ll post them for you.

Thanks. I appreciate that. I’ll do that for the motor comparison. Just for context beyond wording. It’s more than sleeve hubs.

I’m not saying the ESC wasn’t a good choice for the motors. Clearly that was the case. I’m also not going to pretend I know the inner workings of this falling out and all of the drama between the reseller warehouse on this line and the dot com site who don’t sell it but I did want to at least provide some additional details for consideration.

Looks like even PMing you isn’t an option since I’m formally new. Despite lurking and being members of other sites. Maybe it’s different if you try to PM me?

But I have to wonder tho, as an upcoming brand why take the risk to put your brand on something that just isn’t right. Doesn’t seem logical to me.

I’m interested to see what you Will Bring in the future, but you got to admit it doesn’t make you look good pushing out boards like this…

So M5 no good, but M24 is g2g? Asking for a friend

Yes

I have used it for almost a year now. Gears might need replacing but thats all i can say.
Its not a board, its a machine. I would not use it in the city. But for off road its a beast/

1 Like

Why not for the city?

Noisy as hell, completely not portable. I can maybe carry it 10 meters.
Tight turns are not possible.

1 Like

Maybe the ET deck would be better for that use but i can not say anything about that.