eBoosted enclosures updates

This is the last update I’ve got from him… not sure when he’ll be done with the new version

2 Likes

Ah okay. Nevertheless, a 12s3p P42A will be a great upgrade a fit for my recreational needs. His work is beautiful and time consuming so I’m not surprised it is taking a while. I’m just glad I didn’t end up building a 12s3p P26A pack a year ago and sacrificing range for speed!

1 Like

I’m riding the vanguard enclosure with a stormcore 60D+

@haven

5 Likes

Regarding the new 12s4p 21700 Vanguard enclosure:

3 Likes

Hello Guys:
I have great news for you, but first allow me to write a bit of backstory here.

Back in 2016 I bought my first eSk8 it was an Evolve Bamboo Gt and from that point I discovered an amazing world of freedom and sense of lliberty, I was hooked into the sport. Nevertheless, frustrations came along with good times, I had so many issues with the board wghich forced me to stay away from prebuilds, that’s when I started my research to build a custom electric skateboard myself. At that time the gold standard of electric skateboards was Boosted Boards, I though the deck was the coolest deck ever and nothing compared to it. I was son obsessed with a boosted style build that I travelled to the US on a two-day trip to bring the deck with me to Lima, my GF worked at Delta Airlines so tickets were cheap for me.

After failed attempts to find enclosures that fitted the Vanguard deck I realized there was nothing out there for me, the only 3D printed enclosures I was able to find only fitted small li-po batteries in 8s2p configurations, even Boosted board range was ridiculously low. So I started the journey to manufacture a Boosted-style enclosure made of fiberglass, so I got inspired by very talented builders, one in France called @unik and the other in the USA know as @whitepony who created amazing vanguard builds and shared with the community.

This was of the first designs @jackw:

First 3d printed enclosure:

Painted in black:

Then I decided to make a complete new enclosure make of fiberglass instead of 3D printing filament, I wanted to be able to hold a 10s4p made with 18650 Li-Ion cells, that battery was huge at the time with a “crazy range of 35kms” :grinning:

Here are the first prototypes:

And this wad the first final product:

And one of my first builds:

19 Likes

A long time has come by since the 2016 days and I feel very honored to be able to have collaborated with so many Vanguard Builds.

Throughout the years I had several requests for a bigger enclosure in order to fit bigger batteries but the enclosure never changed design, it was the same enclosure as day one but with small modifications, like a 12s version, a taller version for thicker cells, the updated version for 21700 cells and so on.

This is why I consider this enclosure to be so special, I feel this deck has been with me forever.

So I started to think of a design that will allow builders to fit not only bigger and thicker cells but to carry more cells inside an enclosure with a level of flexibility that could withstand the stress of such a flexible deck as the Loaded Vanguard, so I came up with this enclosure:

I pressent you the Vanguard MKII

The enclosure has room for a 18S4P or a 12S6P with room for an ESC and BMS, it will flex as much as the Vanguard deck and the center has more ground clearance it order to avoid bottoming.

33 Likes

HOW DO I BUY THIS

TAKE MY MONEYYY

website release incoming??

6 Likes

damn, that’s one sexy looking combo :flushed:

2 Likes

fuckin dibs on the first one boys :sweat_smile:

I been WAITING

5 Likes

The Vanguard MKII can be purchased on this link:

5 Likes

never bought something so fast

3 Likes

Does this fit the flex 2 42" one or the 38" one?
is there gonna be a thinner version of this without the bulging parts for 12s4p?

2 Likes

This enclosure will only work on the Vanguard 38" on any flex, but if you cut the enclosure in half you could use two independent parts. However, you will need to run the wires to connect both parts.

1 Like

NOOOOOOOO :frowning:
you should add that to your website
no chance of a 42"?
:pleading_face:

5 Likes

Wait, you can fit the behemoth of a 12s6p battery in this enclosure, and it’s for the short vanguard? :exploding_head: (I mean tbh, short one makes sense for a vanguard build, but still, that’s impressive!)

3 Likes

also interested, will there be a smaller one for 12s4p? or a 42 inch version?

@eBoosted what are your requirements for small batch/group buy?

4 Likes

Yoooo this is so sick, why did I have to just finish a Sporster build :rofl:

1 Like

If someone can receive the enclosures in USA andthe forward them to the finsl buyers I’ll make a GB of 10

3 Likes

to clarify, you’d be open to making a 42 inch version for the group buy? or potentially a thinner option for 12s4p? better yet a 42 inch 12s4p version