Dusk R2 - More volts, more amps, more everything

That’s always bugged me too, they must feel awful in a pothole

1 Like

In mtb this is called high pivot and works well.

Idk if it has an official name but I call it low pivot. It’s not optimal for the rear, but if you picture the bike going backwards it does have optimal axle path. Axle path is going to be the key to good suspension.

danzigAxlePathHglt120728

2 Likes

all im hearing here is hard tail esk8 :rofl:

1 Like

Haha right, suspension is tricky… I’d want to see your suspension design on only the front to start off with. That keeps things simple. The front is where most of your weight is while riding and would have the most impact.

2 Likes

I’d say the rear is just as important as the front for comfort.

Especially with RKP trucks where the front truck can also act like suspension, compressing the steering bushing a little over bumps, but the rear truck facing the other way doesn’t absorb shocks well.

The rear being heavier with motors on a rwd setup also means there is a lot more unsprung mass that has to overcome inertia and I find you get a more harsh “dead” feeling as the back of the board goes over bumps compared to the front

2 Likes

Well it appears @Evwan would start off with a flexy deck so it would be pretty comfortable already, suspension would be additional.

What I picture is you could get the truck axle close to the original location marked red in the photo. The front low pivot point works without to much fuss. In the rear the deck gets in the way of high pivot point unless you extend further back. You could do low pivot in the rear even though I don’t think it would be ideal. Channel trucks don’t have that urethane pivot absorption so even little movement might help there.

2 Likes

I’ll put some basic bitch cad work into what itll look like and report back. I have an idea of how this’ll work. This will be very fun to put on my soft flex (very flexy) Kaly.

Just going over speed bumps and bottoming out the deck all day long

That thing does bottom out very easily haha

1 Like

loss some weight?

1 Like

Thanks Satan.

1 Like

Monster truck ride height

Let’s put that on a penny board deck and win BOTY 2023

And now I am become Nickel Board, destroyer of worlds

2 Likes

wouldn’t say there quite unobtanium, but how you liking them?

Very few people have them and the project got scrapped. They’re just like airs anyways.

1 Like

Me versus Hoyt Dadbod @hoytkid

8 Likes

This is why we shouldn’t jump the gun and start BOTY stuffs before the new year actually starts. It was already 2023 in Kyiv before you got done making your build thread :joy:

Luckily the last time I was in Kyiv was 4 years ago.

3 Likes

Today was a nice day and there was a LOT of riding done. Nearly 40 miles (~65km), requiring 3 charge breaks (not full charges, quick top-ups) I spent the start of my ride trying my hardest to hit 280 motor amps just for the sake of the video. First try was “successful” but I had to stop accelerating early as my board decided to do a small wheelie, throwing me off balance. Second attempt I couldnt even full throttle it haha

Tomorrow or tuesday I’ll try and get some irl video of me accelerating with accompanyingg telemetry logs, Heath Lewis style.

LOOK AT THAT BATTERY SAG GO
I’m thinking of going 16s6p with Lishen LA or Molicel p42as as my first upgrade. My accelerations are battery limited as i’m already milking 100 amps out of a 3p pack (~33a/cell, but vesc often overshoots and I’ve measured up to 110 amps being drawn ~36a/cell) With that larger pack I can do 70 batt amps per side AND sag less :drooling_face:

5 Likes