Duck Battery Systems 🦆

@janpom Thanks man I really appreciate it! I wish you luck as well :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

@rod sorry for the delayed responce. International shipping of batteries and other hazardous materials is kind of a thorny topic. I promise I will get back to you on this, but it is going to take more than a moment :sweat_smile: From what I have read so far, it looks possible that I will be able to ground ship packages to Canada.

1 Like

Building out a 12s4p p42a for my upcoming build “Dusk.” These cells are the bee’s knees!

Also, to whomever posted in the pictures only thread about using a keyboard stand as a board stand, I love you. $10 of OfferUp and it saved me hours building a board cart. Now I just need to hit the dollar store and get a pool noodle so I can replace that towel with something more permanent.

(Special cameo in the background from my buddy’s 4000W mid drive mountain bike that I build the pack for :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: That thing is a monster!)

14 Likes

Mail day! Gearing up to start the next customer’s pack!

7 Likes

love the way you do your nickel. Also 100% on the keyboard stand trick. I used one for a long while before i got a computer on the bench, and before i had a bench.

3 Likes

No you don’t :joy:
But I’m glad I’m not the only one here saving on labor

1 Like

My love is a pure love

3 Likes

Howdy Y’all!

Its been a bit, and I have been busy! So busy, in fact, that I have been neglecting this thread. So here’s what I have been working on!

I finished and shipped out this 12s6p Molicel p42a eMTB pack for a forum member. This was a fun build, and I had to get really creative with the balance wires :joy:

I sincerely hope it’s everything he wants it to be, and more :grin:

I opened a garage sale to try to scrape by for a little longer on this whole “esk8 full time” thing :joy:

There is still some stuff available, so check it out!

The Robot came to his senses and realized that he doesnt have the time to finish the carver build that I made the 12s5p 40T for, so he pawned off the build on me!

Which is sweet not only because I need the work, but also because I get to lay hands on these absolutely top quality parts, and dream of one day being able to afford any of this :sob:

The highlight for me, out of all of these A+ parts, is these new motors from the fine gentlemen at Hoyt Street!

They are a thing of beauty, and I cant wait to hear them purrrrrrr :grin:

Finally, I have been developing my own custom motor connector.

(v1)

(v2)

Im calling it an MR60+6 (though I’m not married to that name). The idea is to integrate the phase wires and sensor wires into one connector that can be in-line or panel mounted.

I have a thread where I am posting updates, taking questions, and looking for feedback, over on the FreeSK8 forum.

I’m happy to answer questions here as well!

There you have it! Thats what I’ve been up to. Im still taking battery orders, so if you would like an awesome pack at an awesome price, hit me up!

How about you? What have you been up to? :smiley:

9 Likes

hmm. did you consider crosstalk between the phase and sensor wires? Quite alot of current running at post kHz frequency there

2 Likes

Yep ive been thinking about that. I’m not sure if there’s a way to guage how big of a problem that will be until I make one and use it :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I like MR69.
MR60 size but with 9 total pins.

5 Likes

God damn you. Folks have been making this joke but I only just now got it.

And now that I get it, it makes a lot of sense.

And I kind of like it…

Brrrrrrr

5 Likes

Well the sensor wires and phase wires all come out of the same point on the motor so it can’t possibly be any worse

4 Likes

stuff running parallell to eachother makes it worse :slight_smile: the longer length of parallell = stronger coupling.
But I figure the hall sensor signals are very digital and not very sensitive. hopefully

2 Likes

We will see when we see :man_shrugging:

Im not going to hand these off to anyone for testing until I have tested them myself, so it will be my face on the line :joy:

2 Likes

It’s parallel when it comes from the motor, lots of brands sheath the wires together, I know TB and Racerstar do

1 Like

The lack of cable sheilding were the wires connect to the bullets might be the difference here. Not sure though, I have no EMF experience to speak of. Just a guy with a 3D printer and some bullet connectors.

For SCIENCE!

1 Like

I feel like it should be fine, Bafeng and a lot of other companies use plugs like this Juliet connector. They have the halls and phases right on top of one another.

4 Likes

I’ll take 100 of these right now. Where do i preorder?

3 Likes