🦆 Duck Battery Systems - DIY Supply Webshop

You know i love you Benji, but you really need to work on your hype game dude.

Where’s the super dark pictures that we can lighten in photoshop? Renders? Emoji censored pictures?

Cmon man.

20 Likes

You’re right, I need to step it up. Y’all like to be teased before I deliver :kissing_heart:

7 Likes

Its called foreplay

7 Likes

I pulled a sneaky and made the packs live.

Go buy em boys, lipstick kiss on the heat shrink is an extra $100

14 Likes

Damnit, this is what I get for going out of town.

6 Likes

Got mine!

4 Likes

Alright folks, it’s been a long time coming, but the DBS DIY Supply shop is officially re-opening!

The Duck is back and better than ever! Massive restock on most of our store, with more new cool stuff coming soon! Use code “WELCOMEBACK” to celebrate our return and get 5% off at checkout!

Most everything is back in stock, but here are some highlights:

First and foremost, we finally have pre-built batteries back in stock and ready to ship! We are currently stocking 12s4p P42A packs, with many more layouts coming soon! (10s4p, 10s6p, 10s8p, 12s6p, 12s8p, 16s3p, 16s6p, and more!)

Our packs are designed the right way: robust, flex tolerant, and capable of massive discharge! Safety and reliability are our top-line concerns with all of our products, and these packs dont disappoint! Hand-made in house, here in Vancouver WA, USA!

Next up, our 21700 4p nickel is finally back! You know it, you love it, 0.2mm thick pure nickel, perfectly tailored for your 4p groups.

We also have several other shapes in the pipeline, here’s a teaser of what we are cooking:
(we aren’t prepared to announce an ETA for all of these shapes yet, but rest assured that you will know when we do!)

All Daly BMS’s are back in stock (10s, 12s, 16s, 18s) as well as two new ones! We added some massive 10s BMS’s w/eSwitch functionality, well suited for something like an eBike battery pack which needs a switched output on the BMS. Limited stock on the 80A units, so get them before they are gone!

As far as future stuff, we have complete, comprehensive, everything-but-the-cells DIY battery kits coming down the line, and will be posted very soon! We are just waiting on delivery of the last few bits. Our library of KitPCB layouts has grown signifiantly. We now have:

• 10s4p 18650 CompactPCB
  • 10s4p 18650 FlexPCB
  • 10s4p 21700 CompactPCB (Metroboard X.o)
  • 12s4p 21700 CompactPCB (Metroboard X22)
  • 12s4p 21700 LongPCB (Hoyt UAV)
  • 16s3p 21700 LongPCB

All of our layouts support larger p-groups simply by using double (or triple!) stacked nickel.

As some of you may notice looking around our shop, we have sunset some listings. We no longer sell the PCB kit components individually, as it became a stocking nightmare trying to keep our inventory numbers straight for all those items as well as the PCB kits. If you need individual components or want to buy wholesale kits, please get in touch! We currently do not have any charge-ports in stock, as we were not satisfied with the 5.5x2.1 barrel jacks, and we are testing out new options to find something up to our standards. Expect to see charge port options soon!

Last but certainly not least, Duck Battery Systems has officially joined the Hoyt/Metroboard/DBS collective, and relocated to a shared workshop in Vancouver Washington! This is a huge step for us, as we now have much more space to grow, and the best neighbors a Duck could ask for!

As always, any questions are welcomed, and your support is greatly appreciated!
-Benjamin

32 Likes

Thats a lot of shapes :exploding_head:

Congrats Benji, stoked that you’re on the up :partying_face:

13 Likes

And that’s not even all of them! No guarantees that all of those shapes will see the light of day. Die-cutting molds aint cheap! Some of them are on the way though, and we are very interested to hear which of these teased shapes (and any others) folks are most excited for. We want to make what y’all want to buy!

Thanks Al! This has been a long road, but I am super stoked to see Duck on the path it’s on now!

-Benjamin

13 Likes

Quack

6 Likes

Please do 10p shifted, much like the 8p you have in the preview pic.

2 Likes

Super exciting news! I’m happy for you! :smiley:

Do you mind explaining the difference between the CompactPCBs, FlexPCBs, and LongPCBs?

Also I’m surprised you didn’t make a single-stack 5P nickel cutout. I guess people don’t do that much? :person_shrugging:

3 Likes

12s4p 21700 CompactPCB:

12s4p 18650 FlexPCB (we dont currently have a 21700 FlexPCB, that’s in the works):

12s4p 21700 LongPCB:

All our nickel shapes are designed to work with our existing KitPCB systems. We dont currently have a PCB which supports single stack 5p, so we dont have nickel for it. That may come in the future though! As always, we want to make what this community wants to buy! So if yall want something to exist, we will listen and try to make it happen :slight_smile:

Thanks for your questions Raity!
-Benjamin

7 Likes

I LOVE these nickel shapes!! Ben. Ben my main man. I’m building a 12s3p any day. Been on your site looking for them 3p 18650 nickel cutouts. Is there a small chance those’ll be made available in the very near future?? Puh-leeeeeeeez?

1 Like

Unfortunately the 3p 21700 is further down the road, we dont have plans to open a mold for it in the near future :cry:

I really want to get all of these shapes (and more) in production ASAP, but mold fees are really tough. There has to be enough demand to justify it, and right now that means that we have to have plans to use it for our production batteries, as we arent doing a whole lot of business on our DIY stuff at the moment :pensive:

Once our DIY battery materials sales start to ramp up, we can justify new shapes for the DIY crowd.

7 Likes

How efficient is die-cutting vs. laser cutting and what made you choose the first route?

3 Likes

Where are the 12S4P PCB’s hiding at? I only see the single P group PCB’s.

1 Like

Die-cutting is significantly more efficient, and therefore less expensive. Laser cut nickel usually ends up being more than twice as expensive per-piece as die-cut.

They are not currently live, we are waiting on the last few items to come in so that we can start putting kits together. We will no longer be selling the KitPCB components individually, as that creates a huge stockkeeping headache.

3 Likes

@DuckBatterySystems if it’s worth anything as a vote for future manufacturing - I’m currently looking to buy a 21700 5p nickel strip and PCB.

1 Like

Comprehensive PCB Battery Kits are finally live! These include nearly EVERYTHING needed to complete a powerful, robust, reliable 12s battery. We have included every single material that makes sense to add, so buying our kit takes all the guesswork out of battery building.

An updated build guide is coming soon, along with several other KitPCB layouts.

14 Likes