🦆 Duck Battery Systems - DIY Supply Webshop

welp, maybe toggle that intl shipping on ya? :joy:

3 Likes

Look at you, getting right into the brand identity. Love it!

Will definitely check it out. And recommend people there who ask about this sort of battery.

5 Likes

I’ve talked to my boss about international shipping, but it’s just not feasible for this kinds of stuff (massive batteries) unfortunately :pensive:

This company is contiguous US only for the time being.

6 Likes

it will happen someday, im sure :wink:

3 Likes

So you’re selling all the packs ‘as is’, not tearing them down?

Oh, and congrats! Sounds like a sweet gig!

4 Likes

25 posts were merged into an existing topic: Bumblebee Battery Wholesale (EV battery modules and more!)

I understand about batteries going overseas or in air shipping, but what about your friendly neighbour Canada?

2 Likes

Yes we’re very friendly here :crossed_fingers: :canada::maple_leaf: also congrats :tada::blush:

6 Likes

Sounds like a night with @glyphiks and @BillGordon

Sweet deal for you man. how big is the charger?

1 Like

Okay, makes sense. It did seem a bit suspicious that your business would grow this fast. :laughing:

Seems like a cool job. Congrats!

4 Likes

I have updated my shipping policy.

The old policy was that I would fulfill and ship orders every weekday at noon, so I effectively had same day or next day shipping. That’s no longer possible for me, what with my new work schedule. It’s also not financially viable, as the number of orders on my shop doesn’t justify daily trips to the post office. Some days I was literally losing money on gas, not to mention time.

The new policy is that I will ship every Saturday. I know that this puts me at the back of the line when it comes to the ecommerce shipping speed arms race, but for my own physical and mental health this is the only way it’s gonna work.

I hope I’m not driving away any customers from this community by making this change, but I recognize that’s a possibility. Sometimes you just need stuff fast, and unfortunately I cant keep pressuring myself to compete with the pace that Amazon sets.

I have been meaning to mention this for a while, sorry it took me so long (I changed the published shipping policy on my website early last week).

23 Likes

Depending on your order flow, you should consider arranging pickups. No driving required. I can’t recall if it’s free or a small fee - probably depends on the service

4 Likes

It depends on the service. I’ve considered doing that for USPS (which is free I think), but it ends up being more hassle and wasted time. You gotta consider the time it takes to schedule every pickup, pack orders every day (or at least every day there are orders), make sure they are ready on time for the pickup, etc. And then there’s the odd order that I have to take in to one of the other services.

I know it doesn’t sound like much, but it adds up. And every minute I spend doing that stuff is a minute I cant spend building batteries (or, more accurately, a minute I cant spend sleeping, because that’s always the thing that goes in a time crunch haha).

7 Likes

In case anyone has been wondering…

12 Likes

I got scorned for using those by someone on here! But they’ve worked fine for me and are simple to use…

3 Likes

Why? They seem great.

1 Like

Mixed results with those, but could have been operator error.

1 Like

Its definitely easy to ‘underheat’ them. I give all of the wires a good pull test when i use them. A couple have failed. As well as the pull test I make sure they are well secured down to the rest of the battery at the join.

2 Likes

Same results - I usually try to ensure I see the solder flowing. I have no idea why anyone would have strong feelings about a simple electrical connection for 22 awg cable, but apparently they do :slight_smile: Just thought it was funny - was waiting for them to scorn you as well !

2 Likes

Doot doot

4 Likes