🦆 Duck Battery Systems - DIY Supply Webshop

i’m considering it :rofl:

These 21700 CompactPCB’s are not just updated with a new logo, they also got several upgrades!

The solder pads around the nickel tabs is larger, for a much easier and more secure solder job:

And the copper pours connecting groups 6 and 7 was more than doubled in size, making a more than 10AWG equivalent in copper cross section. This eliminates the need for an additional piece of wire or braid, streamlining the assembly process:

10 Likes

one product I would request I guess I forgot to ask before, is an adapter cable from the dri kit pcb jst to smart bms jst connector. hmm maybe you could put the through hole pins for that JST size on there too… nah that is not needed.

Nobody still has done the idea I had to make a 10S on the 12S compact PCB and use the extra space for something cool besides BMS/switch.

1 Like

That’s a good idea that I will look into. It would have to be a custom cable though, and I cant imagine it would be cheap. Maybe if I start stocking SmartBMS’s then I will make that happen.

Who? My dude, these are DBS KitPCB’s :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

oh man did not even notice the sleek logo changeover.

1 Like

20s9p Tesla battery for my buddy’s ebike :metal:

This will be my largest battery to date (180 cells! :flushed:) as well as my first high voltage battery. Can you believe that everything I have done up to this point has been 12s or less?!

I also thought of a new technique for fishpaper-ing p-groups in a brick battery (though I’m sure others have thought of this before too).

As anyone who has made a brick battery will know, getting all the p-groups to fit together nicely is always a challenge, especially if it’s a stagger stacked layout.

Trying to apply whole sheets of fishpaper to each groups means carefully and frustratingly pressing the paper into each crevice between the cells to make sure it perfectly follows the peaks and valleys in the p-group, otherwise when you go to assemble the pack, your p-groups wont fit together nicely! And then your battery turns out larger than you quoted the customer, it doesn’t fit in their enclosure, they get mad, blah blah blah.

So what I figured out is that using small strips of fishpaper rather than one continuous sheet means you can get groups that fit together perfectly, every time, with minimal effort!

Basically my thinking is that cells in a stagger stacked layout only have two points of contact with their neighboring p-groups, since that’s the nature of stacking circles (or cylinders in this case). So we dont need fish paper covering every square inch of the p-group, just im the two spots where cells contact!

By cutting a bunch of 20mm wide fish paper strips and applying them to the faces of each cell that contacts the neighboring p-group, you get full protection from abrasion while using less fish paper and, most importantly, ensuring that your fish paper is as compact to the surface of your p-groups as possible so all your p-groups fit together perfectly!

20 Likes

congrats on ur 1st big pack i can tell u from doin a 14s14p two 14s7ps for my scoot it was fucking time consuming painful endeavor especially since that was my 1st pack i ever spot welded after tons of practice welds. The rebuild didnt take no where near as long as the 1st time around but it was still pain in its purest form XD.

2 Likes

Yep this is definitely going to be a journey! The hardest part that I’m anticipating is actually getting the completed battery inside the frame bag on my buddy’s bike. We’ll see how that goes :metal:

2 Likes

keep us posted and yea thats defo gonna be the biggest headache is fitment especially sinceik that smart bms for that pack probably is the size of a small dinner plate

1 Like

Damn, thats hot. Nice one dude :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Congrats!!! But nooooo :disappointed: I sat around too long to be the one to get your first HV pack

2 Likes

Not to rain on the parade, and that does look like a decent solution to shoving fish paper into every crack. But this type of thing is the exact reason why non-adhesive fishpaper exists. That way you just cut it to size, slot it in place, and clamp it together so it squishes itself into every spot without any effort… lol I still have never bought any non-adhesive tho I’m shoving it into the cracks for life

4 Likes

I do my strips the other way. This way the silicone makes direct contact with each cell, rather than relying on the adhesive paper

12 Likes

Both of these are also awesome solutions! :grin:

6 Likes

Do you think a type of spray adhesive could be used that is not so fast acting that you can slide the FP into place then it tacks in place before silicone? or non spray possibly just liquid.

Can’t wait for my Duck Batts!

2 Likes

Really sorry to my Australian customers, but the cheapest shipping option to you guys just got suspended. I’ll be shutting those options off for AUS customers, to avoid confusion at checkout.

If anyone hears that USPS has un-suspended these options, and you see they are still not available on my site, please let me know so I can turn them back on.

Unfortunately running an online business means that I am at the whims of the shipping gods. I’ll look into other cheap and good options for Australians.

11 Likes

Fuckin racist.

11 Likes

Hey man, dont look at me, look at USPS. Though who can blame them really? I would get tired of having to read all those upside-down labels all day too.

10 Likes

Paypal ship station still lets you print labels to AU for both FCM and Priority. :thinking:
Maybe they wont actually deliver it?

2 Likes