🦆 Duck Battery Systems - DIY Supply Webshop

This is what I was talking about, 2 sets of kweld probes on the same welder, used without calibrating.

2 Likes

that is a fucking great idea.
get @JoeyZ5 a title like “had a smart thought” @mods

my only concern would be needing to confirm in some way that the two sets of wire/probes are identical enough or just trying it out to see how sensitive the Kweld could be.

2 Likes

I feel like if they are within a few mm of length they shouldn’t have an issue. The inconsistency probably comes from the crimps and probes though so that could be wrong.

2 Likes

I was gonna buy a crimping setup and some wire so maybe I could be the US distributor for the quad probe cable setup as well as 3S2P Spim08hp packs.

Looks like it would be possible to stack two cable lugs on the Kweld outputs, same screw and everything.

1 Like

That won’t work for the same reason that I described.

3 Likes

Just got a ton of nickel and fishpaper in, come and get it!

First five people to use the code “GIMMEDATNICKEL” get 10% off their whole order!

8 Likes

Will definitely order some of datnickel but still waiting to determine what will be the pack layout.

4 Likes

Get you some of dem sweet sweet rings yall :ok_hand:

10 Likes

RIP…everythang 18650 on this site. If you use 21700’s then you good.

Not sure what you mean? We have 18650 and 21700 versions of all our products :slightly_smiling_face:

(even though no one buys 18650 stuff anymore :joy:)

5 Likes

Both 18650 pcb kits out of stock . Also no 8p nickle for 18650. Why you be hating on 18650 peeps… i mean yea 21700 cells are far superior in capacity and amps but sometimes you need to go cheap when you find a good deal on 18650s and you need alot of them. I just didn’t have 900.00 to spend on two mountain board batteries.

Yeah thats true. In fact, nearly all of my KitPCBs are out of stock right now, unfortuately. I am getting more soon :slight_smile:

MOQ’s for a new nickel shape are really high. As is, demand for the 8p 21700 nickel is really low, and demand for 18650 nickel is even lower. It doesnt make sense for me to invest thousands of dollars in a new die and a ton of stock of a nickel shape that I will sell maybe 25 or 50 pcs of in a month.

A great workaround is to layer two pieces of the 4p 18650 nickel like this:

15 Likes

Hey y’all!

Just a quick update. I have a big shipment of stock coming sometime in the next 7 days. 12s Daly, 16s Daly, and 18s Daly BMS’s, 30mm nickel, pre-fused 10A charge ports, fuses, more Amass connectors, 70mm wide fish paper, 21700 fish paper rings, and more!

As well as something very special and secret that I hope you guys will be very excited about :smirk:

I’m also finally getting stickers! Well, technically they are vinyl decals, but they are fucking awesome and I cant wait for them to show up. Made by the one and only @Itsmedant!

Long story short, I have a bunch of cool stuff that will be showing up in stock soon :slightly_smiling_face:

15 Likes

It’s a boy!

11 Likes

Congrats I really want to get another PCB and pre cut nickel. Get as much sleep as you can once Jr comes along there will be none.

1 Like

21700 4p pcb to?

It’s just a ritual now: I make stickers, I pee on stick.

@BenjaminF glad I could finally get them knocked out for you!

4 Likes

Lol, that ain’t my pee stick. No ducklings for this duck :joy:

Yep, I’m working on getting PCB’s back in stock :grin:

3 Likes

But aren’t all your battery packs your ducklings

2 Likes

That’s what i keep telling the Mrs., but she’s not buying it :joy:

1 Like