Duality Trucks by Tito Systems [US]

I tried out these trucks at esk8con on @fessyfoo 's proto.

They are really smooth. Great combination of stability and turnability. If I was in the market for new channel trucks, I’d be giving these a strong look

6 Likes

I’d like to better understand this feedback. How does this design allow for more lean/turn compared to a traditional channel truck?

not sure if it actually turns more, didnt get enough time. It certainly leans more, which makes it feel more responsive for street riding imo

1 Like

traditional channel trucks usually have a zero degree baseplate. (MBS m2, m3, hypertrucks)

These trucks incorporate +15 degree in the baseplate. This gives more turn for any given amount of lean.

Also, traditional channel trucks have shock block that provide a lot of rebound/resistance to lean. These trucks will be closer to RKP in lean characteristics. (more lean).

3 Likes

That makes sense. I’ve been running +5’/-5’ angled risers on all of my channel truck set ups for awhile now. I never felt like it was needed for more turn, just more stability at speed.

That also makes sense. Sounds like there is probably more leverage on the bushings, which allows for more lean. I’ve been trying to replicate this by running a super soft bushing (60a duro) on my front channel truck setups. Loose channels are my jam.

3 Likes

While it does have 15 degree in one of the baseplates, you are supposed to run 30/15 as the final angles. Compared to a traditional 30/30 channel truck setup, this gives you more lean for a given amount of turn. Recently I’ve been experimenting with 33/18 on channel trucks and an angle like that in my opinion feels much better than the standard 30/30.

While I haven’t personally ridden these, soft bushings channels can also allow a lot of lean - hell, I am fighting hanger to deck bite on 3/4" risers on my BN channels. The resistance certainly feels different though, and RKP provides much better tunability as far as the resistance goes. With most channels the only tunability you have is duro in 5A increments. With these, you can run different formulas, many different duros, different shapes, and even run different bushings boardside and roadside, the possible setups are endless.

3 Likes

this is what i did with the proto, and then stopped going above 25mph. it was a joy.
these duality retain that joy but are more stable at higher speed.

bushing tuning can vary the general feel a lot too.

4 Likes

Slow carving with loose channels is truly a joy. Although… I’m running 65a duro on my 18s Flux and can still hit 40mph without issues.

I do like the Duality principle of mashing up lean and stability all in one package. Nice job.

1 Like

what’s your bushing setup?

how do you adjust that?

I’m not actually sure what @Titoxd1000 did last.

they are riptide chubby red front dark green back. not sure aps/krank.

1 Like

@fessyfoo Proto has krank chubby 84/84 front (red) 90/93 rear (green/wine red). I have received good feedback on this setup but still trying different bushing combos.

@cherryflavouredpez the 3d printed piece would need to be swapped to change max lean. Were you looking to change max lean?

Been waiting for someone to finally design channel trucks this way! :smiley:
+1 in the camp of wishing I had a board in the making so I could buy these

6 Likes

Not at the moment, just playing with bushings/angles first.

1 Like

If the newbee 3link development slows down I may pick these up for rocinante

3 Likes

Can’t wait to test these out.

9 Likes

Ugh FINE

8 Likes

Nice! I should get a new order of bushings on Monday and I’ll ship out your order on Tuesday.

1 Like

I like my stuff super turny, I’m just under 200lbs, and it’s probably going on a Haero Bro

2 Likes

I’ll include some extra bushings for you.

1 Like