Duality, a different approach.

Only 2.5miles its a baby

1 Like

I think the wheel size being way off means distance traveled is way off and so is wh/mile :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Tonight’s ride was much better!
I am seriously falling in love with this board more and more every day!
Finally learning how it wants to be ridden!
Was trying to get comfortable at speed tonight, first time actually pushing myself on this board.

10 Likes

Sick! How does it turn at speed? I’m curious about whether the gyroscopic effect helps you out here.

1 Like

@Flyboy it actually turns really well at speed! I’m so impressed with this thing right now! When i have a day off I’ll try and get some video riding during the day.

1 Like

Nice! One of the things i noticed comparing the 2Swift board vs my old 2-wheeler is that the gyro precession from my larger wheels made the steering steadier and more responsive at speed. As in, you don’t have to wait for springs or steering geometry to steer the wheel, snap the deck over into a lean and the wheel snaps into a turn instantly. I imagine that with hub motors, you have some pretty weighty gyros too

2 Likes

Very much so! This thing is actually really nimble and stable at the same time at speed, i feel almost no speed wobble!
Last night i was running close to 30mph and hit a fairly large pothole.
Initially i was scared as shit, then it just smoothed right through it, like it never happened.

Really surprised me, then i almost got pulled over by a cop!
I think he saw i was just crossing the road trying to get to the sidewalk on the other side of the road.

1 Like

Lol good stuff

1 Like

Today, i did some learning and now I’ve got better turning!

I tested the theory that putting a more rounded tire on the rear would make it easier for me to lean the deck and this theroy held water!

the new rear tire hoosier 11x5.5x6

the old rear tire. Burris 11x6x6

It was immediately noticeable that the board turned easier! I’m making progress every step of the way! and it feels good to be continuing dialing in the steering. I was really concerned it might not work at first.

Im going to try and loosen up the front end a little more, Im considering moving the bushings back to the inside position and maybe trying a harder durometer…

After putting the harder durometer bushings in the wide position on the rear, i no longer get the lockouts at all.
Id like to see if i can get a little more movement up front without inducing lockout again, I’m hoping the stiff rear end with round tire help with this also.

Group ride is at the beach again this Friday. I’ll definitely get some footage again

15 Likes

Dude.
I so wish I could ride this thing and experience it!!!

2 Likes

Don’t act like you don’t have literally all of the components probably laying around your garage right now :rofl:

4 Likes

I technically do actually… If I were to take apart the Flux and both Onewheels…

That would be a hell of a sacrifice for harvesting parts…

4 Likes

I have a Tomiboi mtb deck you can use. Just need to get some spare Onewheel hubs/motors

2 Likes

Gotta be a lot of folks upgrading their hubs for new ones right? I.e. lots of cheap hubs for sale? So we can all be Batfolk.

4 Likes

Jeremy probably has enough extra Onewheel motors for all of us!!!

2 Likes

Can I be in the batgang too?

Seems like the biggest obstacle would be finding someone to make these crazy ass trucks.

4 Likes

Seems like we all need to have a welding friend right about now.

I have one and I’m currently diagnosing my sus battery on my daily driver so this is a dangerous time to be a wallet.

4 Likes

Batgang! That has a nice sound to it!

3 Likes

Alright! Not sure who got video this eve, but i got some Metr logs!
We did about 11 miles, but we took breaks every 4 miles or so.
Tonight I hit a new personal best for speed 35mph!
It’s still under 80% duty cycle, i have zero doubt this thing will hit 40mph at the current settings.
And it’s still at 1/4 power that its capable of.

Here’s where i remembered to turn the metr on.

9 Likes

Your results make it super tempting to try and reproduce. Wonder if your friend would weld us more sets of trucks lol.

#batgang

5 Likes