Dual VESC built in On-Off Switch with Battery's own On-Off

Hey esk8 experts! Need some help here. Currently my battery has an On/Off Switch built onto my antispark. But I got a dual FSESC Pro that has a built in On/Off Switch. Can I keep both or do I have to remove one. If so which one should I remove? I just didn’t want to short anything out. Thanks in advance.

sometimes this thread gets better response to questions like that.

I’m no expert. but you don’t need two anti spark switches. and I think if you have both you may have to turn both on or possibly they won’t work.

I would remove the separate antispark because the built in one saves space. but YMMV there are plenty of things to consider.

1 Like

I’d remove both and go loopkey. The antispark is going to die eventually, and it either dies dead so your board (@c4Lvin, talking to you here) won’t turn on without replacing it… Or it will stay on and passively drain (likely without you knowing, and it eventually resulting in a completely useless battery)

Unless it’s a new flipsky loopkey? Those gamer ones are good… Or so I think I’ve seen :thinking:

1 Like

Yeah my original antispark died and drained my battery. Not completely dead but some were pretty low and way off balanced until i balanced it manually via the balance plug. I just recently replaced it with the Russian sellers AS on ebay. I just hate to unsolder those 5 or 6 pins off from that AS. But i noticed the Flipskys esc can just be unplugged (3 wire plug). If i unplugged it, then it would be fine? I guess only 1 way to find out! Thanks guys! Oh I’m from SoCal.

No, it won’t stay on. It’ll flicker, then turn back off. You need to make a jumper to bridge the pins in the JST connector to get it to assume always on.

1 Like

I guess I should just remove the entire AntiSpark unit from the battery? I’m still running 2 separate VESCS (4.1X) and I have no real intentions to swap until 1 of them blow up! Maybe I should save the FSESC Dual Plus for a new build then. Thanks again everyone for the pointers!

Just wondering - what anti-spark did you use that broke on you?

I am not sure which specific model but here’s a picture of it. This is the one that went bad.