Dual FSESC6.6 Mini Half Working

Subject: [US] Dual FSESC6.6 Mini Half Working
Description: It was functioning perfectly fine, and one day I came back to ride and only one side worked. I have tried connecting to it with USB, CAN, receiver, and ppm input and have no success in contacting it. The lights all come on fine, but the bad side never responds to any method of access. Maybe one of you happens to be able to fix it, or you only need one vesc. Again, one side works perfectly fine, and the other has issues
Price (USD): Open to offers, hoping to get $60 since its a single functional vesc with possibility for repair to be dual.

Images
  • upload pictures here

If you guys can offer any help that would be great too. One side seemed to just stop working, and it has no signs of shorts or blowouts. I just drove it home and powered it down.

2 Likes

well that’s weird same thing happenned to my 6.6 big size but never got to run motors on it ( I contacted them but they take literally a day to get back to me, if I ever get what could of went bad i’ll tell you if you still have it)

Melty

6 Likes

mans got some eagle eyes jeeeeez

2 Likes

xD thanks but that there is a substantial hole in the heart of the device lol.

To fix diy. Needs a sec chip resoldered. $10 if Ou have the tools

3 Likes

dude I think I also fucked up, just checked again and I noticed something…

1 Like

Send a pic

2 Likes

well there was a tiny winny brand of wire bridging the legs of the chip (couldn’t focus on it tho…) revoved it but still not working lol i’ll just wait for flipshit and see what they’ll do

1 Like

They probably won’t do anything. But let’s not clutter this thread. Dm me if you’d like Later

1 Like

It wiped right off, no signs of melting on either chip. Im still puzzled.

1 Like

@AK1 melty lol

2 Likes

Hmmm honestly it’s out of my league. There are.people here that know but they haven’t shown up ,:joy:

1 Like

Post two more high resolution images of the board. It sure looks like the one DRV8301 is toasted.

3 Likes

Here are 2 clearer pictures. The DRV’s seem identical, no signs of melting or burning.

1 Like

Here is some extra light on the top.

1 Like

Should have posted a photo of that little wire that wiped away while it was still on the board :thinking:

Might need to replace more than just the DRV if it took out other stuff too, most likely youll need a multimeter

1 Like

Not really weird, it’s Flipsky. When people learn that buying the expensive unit will end up being the cheapest one in the end, this will happen over and over… Buy what lasts and what is tested, never anything else. Flipsky is known to be shit, period.

3 Likes

yeah bought it before learning about this or the other forum wouldn’t of got it if I knew it was doodoo except for the motors and vx2

I dont know how this esc is built but i assume it is two identical singles on the same pcb. Sharing only the battery voltage and connected over CAN.

So… since the blue light is actually lit on the broken side, that should mean that the 5V out from the DRV on that side is fine. Easy to measure otherwise.

So… issue seems to be related to broken MCU or 3.3 regulator.

I dont know which connector belongs to the fauly side but both these pins should have 3,3V.

If there is no 3,3v and the MCU is warm, then it is probably broken.

If only 3,3 regulator is warm (5pin IC in the picture) then hopefully only need to replace this part.

2 Likes

I have just checked and both sides have a proper 3.3v power output. As you said, due to the blue lights being on, the 5v should be fine as well. I tested this and can confirm both sides output this 5v power level.

2 Likes