DPKP trucks with brackets and classic base plates

Hello everyone

12 months after the premiere of the prototype, I introduce our own DPKP trucks for sale.

It is known that this is not new, the precursor was Nosno (1992), later the idea was resuscitated by Etoxx, Apex, Trampa, Scythe and maybe a few others that I don’t know about :slight_smile:
I’ve never owned any PKP trucks so I can’t personally compare my trucks with other such trucks.

Ok… let me get to the specifics
The first version worked acceptably but had a tendency to wobble when unbalanced wheels were used.

The precision of the trucks was not good, it could be compensated by using hard bushings, but with a hard bushings, the board was not very maneuverable and responded poorlyTo improve the precision of the trucks I added spherical bearings, I did not know that Etoxx had done this before :confused: although not new, many trucks use spherical bearings to improve driving precision.

Now they work perfectly :grinning:
What sets my trucks apart is the multitude of configurations

You can change:

1. Wheelbase
  2. Clearance under the board
  3. The inclination angle of the hangers
  4. and of course bushings

Changing the wheelbase is accomplished by inverting the hanger

Reversing the hanger changes the clearance, so we add spacers to compensate for the difference

Is you want asymmetrical installation of hangers, then you add a spacer on one side

Of course, you can also install washers with a smaller wheelbase (then we install them in the front and rear hanger), then there is a larger clearance under the board.

The angle change is in the range of 30-45 degrees

I tested various hardnesses of bushing, sometimes used mixed sets in one truck

Currently in the front truck I have bushing 80A, angle of 45 degrees
In the rear truck 90A, angle of inclination 35 degrees

I used classic 3/8 inch kingpins because I wanted to be able to use classic bushings.

Cross dimension of hangers is 20x20mm, chamfer 1mm
Width of the front hangers 300mm
Width of rear hangers 270mm
This is the width without axles
Axle length according to individual requirements
Choice of: 35, 45, 55, 65 mm

I use axles with a diameter of 10mm, because it is the most universal solution
I personally mount a wide variety of wheels, from urethane 110mm, AT, 165mm (with 22mm diameter bearing seats) with and also MBS fefgs with 28mm bearing seats).
When using 10mm axles, there are no restrictions on the choice of wheels.
Of course, I can use axles with a diameter of 12mm

Trucks fit my motor mounts. There are 3 lengths of motor plates to choose from
Available lengths (distance from motor axis to wheel axis)
M : 76-82mm
L : 92-98mm
XL: 113-120mm

If anyone would like to use a gear drive, then 3d services and Newbee have (theoretically) drives that match the 20x20mm hanger, I wrote “theoretically” because I did not check it, but I can make clamping for Newble drives.
I once made a set of clamps for Newble drives

I have been testing trucks complete with deck and brackets for a year, in the meantime I have received many questions about the possibility of mounting DPKP trucks in classic MTB decks such as Trampa, Haero, MBS, etc.
This is how the idea of making a version for mounting in classic MTB decks was born

The hangers are slightly wider and have the same width at the back and front.
Width is 320mm (same as Matrix III)
Axles with a diameter of 10 and 12mm are available.
Axle length according to individual requirements
Choice of: 35, 45, 55, 65 mm

The spacing of the holes fixing the base plates is an “old school” pattern

Truck-new-old

Now the most important thing, i.e. the prices:

DPKP Trucks with brackets:

• Trucks (1 front + 1 rear) + 2 brackets - $460
    2 spacers are included

• Motor mounts - $80 (price only with trucks)

• Deck - $160

• DPKP Trucks with a classic base plates:

• Trucks (1 front + 1 rear) - $320

• Motor mounts - $80 (price only with trucks)

When shipping to EU countries, prices are 23% higher

For those who don’t know, there are 2 types of enclosures available for the deck, both types are produced by eboosted

Comparison of both versions, the only difference is the base plate and the width of the hanger, other elements are the same

BTW
The bracket fits both RKP and DPKP trucks so you can change trucks… you can also use a mixed solution at the back and front 2 other types of trucks :stuck_out_tongue:

My English is still not the best so if anyone notices any mistakes let me know… I won’t be offended by the comments

9 Likes

Amazing job Tomas! So much dev work. Looks like another great option in the PKP scene that may solve some of the main issues people have

On my Airs (love them) I do notice they tend to wobble more with imbalanced wheels. After I test out the RTKP maybe I’ll pick up a set of these!

2 Likes

Videos of tests on the moutainboard track with jumps :slight_smile:

I couldn’t have dreamed of better testers :grin:

My rides are not very spectacular but I have an injured knee and I can ride only slowly and majestically :wink:

BTW
On the subject of DPKP trucks I also wrote in another topic because the above topic was not approved by the Admnistrator, I think he did not notice it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great work Tom!

Can anyone comment on the ride-feel differences between dpkp and channel trucks?

2 Likes

Due to the damping of the truck on the dead centre axis the DKP’s can be more carvey, than regular channel trucks , however if you set-up your channel trucks with soft barrels or even springs with soft dampers and or move the dampers to the inside closer location you can probably get close to the practical same usable turning radius. Most notable factors I find on trucks is the overall width and I like wide (17" or better). I built a reasonably fast (43 mph) board that has channel on the rear and DKP on the front as the benefit of channel trucks is that you can make them incredibly stable with your barrel selections. I don’t have experience with MBS type shock blocks channel trucks but I suspect they are great. Channels will always be able be capable of being stiffer than DKP’s as the damping is offset from the centre axis of rotation. But that requirement is rarely sought after, most riders seem to want less, stiff more carve capability. It’s all very much personal choice / rider weight etc. https://youtube.com/shorts/MUYioZWwa-M?si=zYPYTuFfymlzzUki

1 Like