Down bad AF 4 reviews of big daddy Hoyt 5" hubs/tires & testing of 5" tires on other hubs

Lol

Non existent reviews as of yet

4 Likes

@JJHoyt can you give us the weight of the 5ā€ ?

Couldnā€™t find it on the website

Tire + tube

Hub

Pulleys

Mucho gracias

Who has that 130mm TB thane? Is it @jack.luis ? How much dem biches weigh

Actually I know @b264 has a red pair, unsure if weight between the red & blue is different. If so prolly not by much.

I know theyā€™re never going to be reproduced, but am curious to know the weight.

& anybody know the 111mm zoobombs?

Life be tough having to build an ultralight short board that has to deal with dogshit roads

No
Believe it was @PedroMcJimenez

1 Like

All I can say is theyā€™re heavier than 500g(my largest gram scale)
My board was 2.5-3lb heavier with the 130s vs 110s.
I plan to figure out what adhesive I can inject in them as I believe I received them with at least one full delam and partial delams on the others

2 Likes

I need to know if these fit InfinityHubs

ā€‹

tire/tube = 1 lb 9 oz for set of 4.
hub = 1 lb 12 oz for set of 4 (excluding screws/nuts)
pulleys = 10.2oz for set of 2
zoobomb 111s = 5 lbs 3 oz for set of 4 (excluding bearings)

9 Likes

*Weight converted via google.

14 Likes

Thanks @b264

5 Likes

Thanks. Sure wish the US would go metric.

4 Likes

It starts with us!

Just use metric.

Make people ask if they want Freedom Unitsā€¦

5 Likes

The fact the 5ā€s as a whole are lighter than the less functional thane is hilarious.

With the fact 3D printed hubs & pulleys would at least half the weight moreā€¦ these things would be light as fuck and be perfect for commuter builds.

Is it safe to assume that since the hubs are machined & the tires a completely custom quality mold that they shouldnā€™t need any balancing done to them?

fair enuf. be the changeā€¦

7 Likes

my expectation is that the manufacturing inconsistency on pretty much any tire will result in some level of imbalance.

2 Likes

Vid by @Skyart

4 Likes

Good to know they fit Bergs, would they fit InfinityHubs?

2 Likes

I just searched through this thread and I donā€™t think anyone has confirmed whether they fit.

They DO NOT fit berg rims, these hubs had to be designed to fit this tire.

5 Likes

Yeh I think I read that one of our other majorly expensive but majorly high quality vendors from here was designing the hub to fit this rubberā€¦ Still seems kinda cost prohibitive (for me at least) but at least there will be cross compatibility with gear drives we all know and loveā€¦ Iā€™m expecting a set of infinity hubs and while I ainā€™t holding my breath that theyā€™ll fit the fives, I will post my results. Iā€™m tryna learn how to use the 3d programs so I can use that file that was so graciously provided to us to design our own hubs. Iā€™m turbo excited to ride these, that video @rusins looks fun af. Are those prototype 3ds ? Seem solid n well done

2 Likes

They donā€™t. The unreleased 3DS hubs have the same bolt pattern as bergs so some pullies/possible geardrives may work. Can confirm that BNM1 berg adaptors DO NOT work with them because they are a press fit adaptor.

4 Likes