DOUBLE TROUBLE - A pair of Urban Cruiser’s

Ah yes, the spot welder machine take over has begun.

2 Likes

I run the motors at 100A each regularly and can sustain these currents for a few seconds at a time. Not had any issues so far.

@Zach yeah it waiting for another job. Might get an upgrade for making larger packs for my next board. Wanna weld up 12s12p packs in one go.

4 Likes

100A you say :face_with_monocle: :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Yeah, not imaginary 100A, not Chinese 100A, real 100A.

2 Likes

How hot does that bring the motors to? No problems with overheating im assuming since youve continued to run it

impressive! thanks for the prompt reply

So I did some hard riding at a cart track recently. Think this is a good worst case stress test.

Made sure I took logs whilst riding this track.

You can see that i manage to reach 200A motor current and almost 90A battery current during track racing (despite never reaching more than 22mph). After 10 mins of heavy riding both esc and motor temps were stable at around 60*C.

7 Likes

Whats your range?

About 15 miles of calm crusing or group rides. About 10 miles of fun riding on my own :wink:

Defenatly want more for next board.

1 Like

I dont weigh much and Im going with a slightly bigger pack (15ah) should be good.

I want 20 miles range when chilling.

1 Like

You want 21 to 24Ah (12s7p or 8p).
Don’t forget that a bigger battery helps with voltage sag too.

2 Likes

I dont want 12s7p

Wouldnt fit in my deck

1 Like

Then get another deck

5 Likes

Biggest problem on the double trouble board is voltage sag. In hindsight a board like this needs more current, either more parallel or high current 21700 cells.

3 Likes

The type of shit I dont want to hear but need to hear :joy:

3 Likes

12s4p 21700 no?

@Lee_Wright has 100 30qs leftover

None are leftover really mate, but I seem to be ordering them all the time

1 Like

Fogstar must love you :joy:

I have 4 leftover :jack_o_lantern:

1 Like