DOUBLE TROUBLE - A pair of Urban Cruiser’s

I had one issue where one of the screws came loose

I only noticed because they were slowly working their way into the wheel.

After this I removed the printed protectors and made sure the bolts had some lock tight.

But other than that they are still going strong. Honestly not had to open them since Paris so Im not 100% sure what they look like inside but they still feel and sound as good as day 1.

7 Likes

This is how most of my gear drives are. I’m pretty sure they will just run forever. I just add some Gun Oil™ every 2k or so.

3 Likes

Pow pow, scrrrrrrt

1 Like

wow, you are just living the esk8 life!
so jealous!

1 Like

@ducktaperules what kind of connectors are those that are used on your phase wires?

1 Like

if you are asking about these:

they are MR60 connectors

6 Likes

Thanks man! Just ordered some! Seems like those take some pain out of organizing the phase wires.

1 Like

let me know how they work out, i’m considering using them as well

Those MR60 are great for epoxying into the enclosure for water tight cable exits. Of course, sensors they do not work with, but I no longer use sensors. It’s one more failure point.

2 Likes

@ducktaperules great thread :smiley:
Still love your wire solution, I’ll need to step up my game in that department :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

Loved reading and seeing pics of the 1000 mile journey! Great captures of excellent times!!

4 Likes

The amount of work that went into these builds is why I voted them as best build 2019 :innocent:

Also, out of all the nominations it’s the build I would most like to have for myself hahaha

3 Likes

Thanks, feel like its not got many votes cause it’s not flashy and shiny like many of the other builds. Attention to detail can only get you so far. But for me the fact that it’s tidy and reliable is what matters.

@donta42, thanks. I’ve enjoyed the eskate culture and adventures as much as the building, I Wanted to make sure I captured that. Documenting it also gave me some time to reflect and remember why is worth the time, money and effort we spend on projects like this.

8 Likes

I’m so with ya! Clean, reliable, safe, and fun!

I love that there are so many custom routes to go. Documenting and reflecting definitely helped keep my budget in line.

Loved seeing how you stayed true to your needs and built accordingly as you went!

3 Likes

@ducktaperules

first awesome thread and i’m proud to say i voted it for best of '19. Now that you’ve got some miles on it, did you happen to note how much constant/peak current have you put through the MR60 connectors?

1 Like

Another question for ya:
What happened to the Spot welder machine? decomissioned or awaiting another job?

2 Likes

the spot welder machine is busy building other spot welding machines

5 Likes

Ah yes, the spot welder machine take over has begun.

2 Likes

I run the motors at 100A each regularly and can sustain these currents for a few seconds at a time. Not had any issues so far.

@Zach yeah it waiting for another job. Might get an upgrade for making larger packs for my next board. Wanna weld up 12s12p packs in one go.

4 Likes

100A you say :face_with_monocle: :heart_eyes:

1 Like