DOUBLE TROUBLE - A pair of Urban Cruiser’s

Too viscous. You need your creams to be multipurpose or you end up just having loads of half empty bottles with finger scoop marks dragged through them.

Tub size is convenient though. I’ll write a letter.

1 Like

This is so cleaan!!! I am definitively going to try to replicate some of this stuff, especially the wire management part! :wink:

1 Like

Hey, I was wondering what type of screws did you use with this set? image
I was thinking to buy some m4 12mm for that, maybe is it too long?

I can’t remember as I just had then lying around but I think they were m4x12

I have printed his 3d files, and it does look quite nice.

2 Likes

1000 mile update

Its been a while since i posted an update here but were well into winter now and i noticed that i have crossed the 1000 mile mark on this board. I figured 1000 miles is a good point to look at what this board has been through so far. Its also a good excuse to open the board up and take a look how things are holding up.

What has happened over the last 1000 miles?

Many long rides in Dorset countryside back at the family home.

Rides along Bournemouth beach with @Brenternet and @GingerSteve

I swapped over to 8" inova Slick wheels to get a little more clearance and added some @ducktaperules stickers ready for ITS ELECTRIC in Paris

Had an epic weekend with @BigBen @Lee_Wright @Kug3lis @Kaly and all the other guys in Paris.

Been cruzing along the towpaths in bath with SouthWestEsk8

Found that an all terrain board is the best way to explore Festivals like WOMAD

THEN THE OTHER UNITY ARRIVED . . . suddenly there were 2

Weve been riding round Longleat house with the South West esk8 crew.

Untill we got kicked out . . .

Ive been riding in Wareham forest exploring nature

And riding on Studland beach exploring o’natural

I used it to film some amazing footage at Vintage car rallys, and even joined the tractor run

I visited @BigBen down in Weymouth and we crused along the beach to Portland

Some rides just end up just chilling in a pub garden with your bros.

THEN WE PACKED UP AND HEADED TO DEVON
who knew i could fit 2 boards and an e-bike in there?

We went to the Evlove Open and i tried out the AT track (i was not that fast).

And had an epic group ride at Powderham castle

Even got the girlfriend riding

After the evolve event i needed to be faster.
Every evening on my way home from work i have been putting in a few laps around the estate, avoiding manhole covers and trying to make things challenging.

Now that the winters here the adventures have slowed down but were still making time to go riding.

As i couldn’t make the trampa ride in wales we decided to have out own off-road fun, which resulted in the boards becoming the muddiest they have ever been

But it was a lot of fun

Then we had to clean them off ready for the recent Evolve event at a carting tack in maidenhead

Despire being the biggest guy there our boards were quick. Goes to show all the practice was worth it.

So Hows It Looking?

Honestly the bottom has seen better days

I think most of this damage was done on the table tops at the evolve AT track but its mostly superficial.

After removing the top it looks like there is still mud between the board and the battery pack.

I dont think this is a problem but im surprised its still moist in there.
Time to peek inside and check out how the seal and wiring is doing.

Honestly looks better than i expected. Everything is where it should be still and there is no signs of ware on any cables.

looks like the back edge of the seal has let some dust in but there is no signs of water ingress. I kind of expected this as i had to peel this open a few times during the build whilst setting things up.

Only concerning thing i found was that part of the enclosure was beginning to split at the side.

As a short term fix i have cleaned and sealed this with glue, however i think at some point i will add another screw point slightly further along to support the corner better.

All cleaned up and applied new tape so that i get a good seal ready for this winters riding.

Now its back together again and hopefully ready for another 1000 miles.

34 Likes

Loved the description of your travels!

Good looking piece of kit.

2 Likes

This is great Q, solid review of the mileage.

You’ve got a weird sunny disposition that’s really catchy, I almost smiled the one time. Looking forward to the next updates, 80cm wide wheels and 14 motors :+1:

11 Likes

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: Welcome to Derail Jail

Great write up.
Really loved it!

2 Likes

Ok that’s a quality and super long ass post alright, I concede and thank you for the jaw drops. You’re insane!! :fire::fire::fire:Sick attention to the detail, that’s OEM finish in a DIY. Yas.

2 Likes

I get carried away and end up with these huge posts, but it think it’s worth it.

Wanted to show all the pictures of the places I’ve been because for me going to events and meeting everyone is just as fun as the building and riding.

I’ve met so many great people this year. Some of those people are from here from here and others that aren’t, most I’ve ridden with in person but some I’ve only spoken to online. Many I would consider good friends now. I’ve been to amazing places and made loads of memories because of esk8.

I guess the message I want to share is that it’s It’s not just a hobby, it’s a community, and I’m thankful for that.

13 Likes

I was wondering, did it crack here too?

Unfortunately it has happened to me, but mine doesn’t look like it has been so much abused haha, you must had done a lot of off roading.

2 Likes

Yes it has cracked slightly but @Kaly said this is to be expected at these flex points. There’s is tape inside to waterproof these points and I’m not that worried about it. I never expected this to be 100% watertight, only splash proof.

In an ideal world it would be IP67 but I’ve yet to find a good bottom mount enclosure solution that achieves this.

I think a fully waterproof top mount board is in my future.

6 Likes

How did gear drive held up after 1000 miles?

1 Like

I had one issue where one of the screws came loose

I only noticed because they were slowly working their way into the wheel.

After this I removed the printed protectors and made sure the bolts had some lock tight.

But other than that they are still going strong. Honestly not had to open them since Paris so Im not 100% sure what they look like inside but they still feel and sound as good as day 1.

7 Likes

This is how most of my gear drives are. I’m pretty sure they will just run forever. I just add some Gun Oil™ every 2k or so.

3 Likes

Pow pow, scrrrrrrt

1 Like

wow, you are just living the esk8 life!
so jealous!

1 Like

@ducktaperules what kind of connectors are those that are used on your phase wires?

1 Like