Does Maytech sell the same motors as Enertion used to sell?

Does anyone know if the " Maytech Brushless 6374 90/190KV Open Cover Outrunner Sensored Motor" is the same as the R-Spec motors that Enertion sold? Seem kind of similar, but my biggest concern is if the quality is the same…

1 Like

If I’m not totally wrong than the rspec motors have been just custom maytech motors.
Quality wise you never know what you get. Maytech usually has a good reputation but there have been some not so good batches in the last year as well.

3 Likes

It’s exactly the same, Enertion just ordered enough to get custom color

10 Likes

Witch will require buying 150 units at least

1 Like

If color isn’t a concern would you guys mix motors from different batches? Manufacturer? If KV rating is the same.

I wonder what would happen if you mixed the same kv, but different sizes. When the smaller motor heats up first and triggers the vesc to throttle, would you get more torque on one side, or would both vescs throttle down?

2 Likes

someone HAS to have done this with TB 6374 and 6355
I was planning on it lol

3 Likes

Why though?

2 Likes

super popular motors that are the same KV.

and if you think of something someone probably has too.

1 Like

No I was just trying to think what the advantage would be with diff sizes.

2 Likes

oh lmao. not an advantage, maybe big motors up front for better braking but idk.

if you wanted the beeeest of both worlds and have have two dual boards you get bored and slap both drives on one deck for the deck of it.

you know, it happens

1 Like

lets say one of your motor eats shit and you need to replace it but that model isn’t available at the moment. Are you buying another model from the same brand and same KV? Mix and match 2 different brands together? or are you most likely to change both motors so they are the exact same?

1 Like

something something internal resistance voodoo quackery

2 Likes

Dose anyone know if I can use my enertion truck hanger with the maytech hubs or will I need to get new trucks as well, Idreally like to keep my cnc ones

1 Like

Will it fit on the enertion hanger ?

It’s the same so yea

1 Like

do you think they will discontinue ? anytime soon

I doubt it, but who knows… boosted went out of business lol

Uhh, i dont think it’s the same? The raptor back hanger doesnt fit maytech hub motors? Thats what he asked. I dont actually know but jist the width seems way off to me

I was referring to raptor 1.