Does anyone know what problem this motor could have?

I appeared very silent and turned loud when turning slowly…

Didn’t your seller supply you the combination to unlock it? :laughing:

But in all seriousness, sounds like magnets moving, might be the retaining ring too. See if the magnets are all seated.

4 Likes

What combination do you mean?
The magnest seem to be in the right position…
I can add some photos.

not gonna lie. thats a very satisfying sound. maybe keep it as a fidget spinner?

2 Likes

All magnets seem to be scraped.

This one is not like the others:

Are you sure they are not moving? Use a screwdriver test. Move it close to the magnet so it sticks, try to wiggle the screwdriver and see if the magnet moves.

5 Likes

Sounds of a loose magnet…I would remove them all, clean everything inside the can (acetone), and epoxy them again…It is very simple, just remove them carefully avoiding breaking the magnets…to place them back use the Magnitud free app to check magnetics fields, so you could know which pole it is N or S just by pointing your movil device (Y messurement plus or minus reveals the poles)…Then go to the battleharden threat follow the instructions…

2 Likes

Concur With magnets. You would strip down, remove magnets, and start over? Thats a lot of work. I’ve never gone that far.

That seems like maybe, 2-3 times the work and time compared to clean up and battle harden with magnets as are.

I presume this course of action comes after my shorter solution failing you in the past?

4 Likes

Things that clue me in to it being the magnets are that the sounds are intermittent seemingly matching the magnets/stator laminations passing over each other. The other thing is that the tone sounds like that of a neodymium magnet being hit.

2 Likes

Well…I do not think it is a lot of work…I did it and solved the issue for once at all…But I am the kind of person who push my self to the line…for example I think, if one magnet it is loose, then the rest of them are, or, will be in the same situation; so if I take them of, clean and do it better than them, chances of failure are less…I also learn a lot by doing that…In the past, just solving one magnet issue, made me work twice, with bad results and more componets compromised…

2 Likes

The same sound just started coming from one of my TB 6380 motors today. I’ll take mine apart and see what’s going on and report back. Let me know what you end up doing

I understand the sentiment and reasoning. If magnets and epoxy weren’t my kryptonite, I’d do the same.

Bad P group? That’s a complete pack autopsy, give the goodish cells to the vape bro’s. the feeble?, charge to 4.5 and throw at cars… umm safely discharge and put in li-ion recycling bins.

1 Like

How can i remove the magnets inside the motor?

Is there one way to battle harden the best?

For now I think I just order some epoxy to harden the shafts between the magnets after cleaning.
When slowly pushing the rotorin the motor I can hear a loud clicking sound at a certain position.
I think ithis is the point the magnet or magnets fall in and rub againt the stator.
I even testet running the motor in a position with a gap where the sound isnt that loud and the spinning is not affected much.
I could notice that with faster spinning the sound vanished.
So by the force form spinning the magnets were pushed back outside.

You can use acetone, carefuly remove the retaining ring, you can help your self with and awl…once you do that use the awl to push the magnet away from the can to break the cheap epoxy, after magnet it is loose, grab it strongly to pull it from the can…all the time be aware of not letting the magnet crush against the others (they are fragile and can break at thet point)…after removing clean the can by sanding it and acetone to remove any rest of paint or dirt…Once you do the first one, the rest will be much easyer to do…Do it with patience, do not rush…any tool made from aluminium or plastic will make job easyer because they are not magnetic…Do not use heat (destroys the magnetic fields), solvents, or force it is the way…You can google videos from rc groups, it is a common practice for them…folloy the steps of the battleharden threat after that… Battle hardening motors

1 Like

Can I use the Epoxy on the motor without taking teh magnets out for cleaning before?

You can do what ever you want…All of your questions are already in the forum…and the answers of what people did under same, or similar, circumstancies…I can not tell you, yes that would work…because I do not know…I just suggest you what I did to get best results to solve the problem…

1 Like