Do you have a VX2? Can you do this test for me? *SOLVED*

Yea its not an issue at all its just different.

my suggestion is throw it out and get a better remote :joy:

1 Like

I hear you but I don’t know what is better that still has a screen?

Definitely at some point. Ive had a ton of disconnects at times. My phone seems to really mess up the signal of the remote too.

Ill follow this thread for a suggested remote with a screen. I wanted to get a puck but now I remembered to check for a screen and it doesnt have one.

vx4? @Evwan and @ShutterShock both have it

or the unobtainium osrr

1 Like

A bit pricey

1 Like

sobs

2 Likes

I love the maytech v2.

1 Like

Good besides the signal issues in dense areas

VX4 seems good but I still haven’t ridden with it

iRemote still hasn’t shipped and is completely untested by us

2 Likes

Yeah i have yet to experience even one signal issue with ANY remote, but my usual routes arent even downtown let alone a real city so thats no surprise.

1 Like

Could I ask you to do the above test? Flick the wheel forward and immediately release.
Do the wheels start moving instantly or is there a quarter-second delay?

Have you checked deadband settings? Only thing i can think of…
Ramping time shouldnt act like that. Except maybe under load and odd conditions?

There is no delay

I also have it on full current mode on the test bench tho

2 Likes

Can confirm. Nearly 100 miles on my vx4 now

4 Likes

I see Positive Ramping Time under PPM:

…but the VX2 is running UART and there’s no settings at all under UART:

I do see an Input Deadband setting under Vesc Remote - General.

I will try changing it to 1%…

HOLY FUCKING SHITBALLS THAT WORKED

KAI!!!

I have no goddamn idea how deadzone has anything at all to do with this delay but you fixed it!

2 Likes

I had a feeling. Its actually a combination. Deadband+ramp time. Deadband was causing a jump from 0 to whatever. Ramp time @ .4 seconds was interacting with that, which caused the delay. Reducing either would have likely solved it.

1 Like

It’s bizarre that the VX1 doesn’t suffer from the same problem even with the same settings.
It must be reporting UART data in a subtly different way.

Basically, you were skipping from 0% throttle to 15, with an almost half second delay in how long the board would take to reach that 15% input.

Something something, how the vx2 transmits played in too idnthink

It makes sense. Maybe the VX1 is “lower resolution” so the first UART packet with any value is already 15% or something like that.

1 Like