sobs

2 Likes

I love the maytech v2.

1 Like

Good besides the signal issues in dense areas

VX4 seems good but I still haven’t ridden with it

iRemote still hasn’t shipped and is completely untested by us

2 Likes

Yeah i have yet to experience even one signal issue with ANY remote, but my usual routes arent even downtown let alone a real city so thats no surprise.

1 Like

Could I ask you to do the above test? Flick the wheel forward and immediately release.
Do the wheels start moving instantly or is there a quarter-second delay?

Have you checked deadband settings? Only thing i can think of…
Ramping time shouldnt act like that. Except maybe under load and odd conditions?

There is no delay

I also have it on full current mode on the test bench tho

2 Likes

Can confirm. Nearly 100 miles on my vx4 now

4 Likes

I see Positive Ramping Time under PPM:

…but the VX2 is running UART and there’s no settings at all under UART:

I do see an Input Deadband setting under Vesc Remote - General.

I will try changing it to 1%…

HOLY FUCKING SHITBALLS THAT WORKED

KAI!!!

I have no goddamn idea how deadzone has anything at all to do with this delay but you fixed it!

2 Likes

I had a feeling. Its actually a combination. Deadband+ramp time. Deadband was causing a jump from 0 to whatever. Ramp time @ .4 seconds was interacting with that, which caused the delay. Reducing either would have likely solved it.

1 Like

It’s bizarre that the VX1 doesn’t suffer from the same problem even with the same settings.
It must be reporting UART data in a subtly different way.

Basically, you were skipping from 0% throttle to 15, with an almost half second delay in how long the board would take to reach that 15% input.

Something something, how the vx2 transmits played in too idnthink

It makes sense. Maybe the VX1 is “lower resolution” so the first UART packet with any value is already 15% or something like that.

1 Like

So for the record changing the positive ramp time to zero does not fix the problem so it’s not some wierd relation between deadzone and PRT.
Seems to be purely the deadzone that causes the delay.
I had to move the deadzone back to 4% or else wacky things happen if the wheel doesn’t return back to exact center or my thumb brushes the wheel.
4% intrdoduces a tiny delay I can live with.

1 Like

Bkb is having a sale 70% off the remote I might give it a try for that price.

1 Like

I’ve tried it. Unless you have really long thumbs or love nostalgia dont get it.

1 Like

Got a vx4. Can confirm it doesn’t suffer from the vx2 delay - as you long as you keep the “Throttle Sensitivity” setting to its default setting of “level 3” (the highest level).

My sense is that that with the vx4 “Throttle Sensitivity” set to “level 1” it behaves more or less like a vx2 - there is an annoying delay which gets much worse if you use the “M” or “L” speed settings instead of “H”, and the delay can be defeated to some extent by reducing the “Input Deadband” in VESC settings.

Hurrah none of that is necessary tho because with Throttle Sensitivity left on level 3 it works wonderfully.

I can set my Input Deadband back to 15% too now which is nice - it’s good to have a little slop in case you brush the wheel slightly.

Goodbye xv1 and xv2. Buying a second vx4 now.

1 Like

Yeah I love my vx4 so far, battery life is pretty good too, something like 6 to 8 hours I think

1 Like