Do you balance your pneumatics tires?

Is 5 grams on the opposite side of the valve a normal way to go? :slight_smile:
Gonna try to balance mine tomorrow.

1 Like

5g weights were too heavy for effective balancing on my tb160s. I ended up using lead tape. 2g/inch. Was kind of a pain in the ass but it worked really well…

2 Likes

link?

Amazon.com : SummerHouse 2 Grams Per Inch High Density Golf Lead Tape 1/2’’ x 100’’ and 1/2’’ x 60’’ Available 0.025 Inch Thickness for Tennis and Fishing (1/2 * 50’’ Black) : Sports & Outdoors

3 Likes

Even my Boardnamics GT3 hubs needed a bit of balancing to account for the inflation valve. Still not perfect though… I have yet to ride a set of pneumies that didn’t have some wobble sadly.

I used these on my Zeus pro wheels:

Motion Pro 08-0553 Black Steel 1/8 oz. Wheel Weight - 144 Piece

One or two opposite the valve stem definitely helped. Around 20mph I’d get a vibration but now it’s gone.

1 Like

I found that these were small enough to fit where I want them and let me adjust the balance as needed

2 Likes

How much weight u had to use? I also have the GT3’s. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think I did 2-3 weights on each wheel. It wasn’t consistent.

1 Like

2-3 of 5 grams each? :slight_smile:

1 Like

I was using a combination of 3.5g and 7g weights to narrow it down as best I could. Like I said, it’s inconsistent wheel-to-wheel, so there’s not really a set number of weights to use.

2 Likes

One of my infinityhubs has 11 weights the rest have 3-5. Shit is more art than science.

I’ve fully stopped balancing my tires :flushed:

Skate or die

3 Likes

Anyone have personal experience w/ balancing beads for your esk8 boards? And also what do y’all recommend for regular weights w/ velcro?
Preesh!