Do I need MBS Metal Matrix II Top Trucks or is the plastic fine?

I bought a comb 95 on black Friday.
Should I buy the metal top truck before the sale ends or will the plastic holdup until I get upgraditis and buy the matrix 3s?

3 Likes

this is the right answer :rofl:

Unless you’re riding pristine roads, its not worth risking a plastic top plate.

2 Likes

Thanks for the info.
On that note does anyone want to buy two brand new plastic top trucks :wink:

3 Likes

Whenever you sell yours, send any extra buyers my way

3 Likes

I would absolutely vote for the metal ones, the plastic ones break too easily in my opinion. These lasted me about 10 weeks riding about 2x a week and the board isn’t even electric yet. I got them used though.

@MBS Can you comment on when your EU warehouse will have stock? My friend ordered a metal baseplate and some heelstraps for me, and probably quite a few other things for himself as well.

1 Like

On that note hit me up for some metal baseplates :joy:

I can only recommend the metal plates to you. I just got it again and had thought for a long time whether plastic or metal is better. I definitely made the right choice with metall. nice ride :call_me_hand::cowboy_hat_face:

I have metal ones :crazy_face:

I was talking about the extra plastic ones that probably everyone has

FWIW, I’ve been running the stock plastic ones for a year now (mostly on tarmac, but some gravel roads, and jumping/curbs), and there hasn’t been any appreciable wear on it. I’ve got a set of metals on the way, but I’m also not planning on upgrading to M3s either. The plastic ones should last long enough assuming you’re not being too rough with them until M3s come out, and even if it doesn’t three sets of replacement plastic ones are still cheaper than one set of metal ones, and that should definitely last you long enough until M3s come out, barring further global supply chain problems.

Plus the nylon ones are slightly lighter, which helps a bit.

If you dont plan on upgrading to M3 soon, i wouldn’t even take the chance to use the plastic baseplate.

You seem to have luck with yours. Mine cracked like many others and the nylon deformed where the nut was, making it almost impossible to remove the baseplate. It had to take a dremel and cut it out.

Might even have a picture of it somewhere. Found this so far.

4 Likes

Yeah I suspect my riding style is significantly more conservative than most others on this forum. I get less than 20Wh/mi on average even with knobbly tires, and the enclosures were held on by just Velcro just fine until I let other people borrow it :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

i vote metal…

before it broke I got a lot of wooble

6 Likes

It appears mbseurope.com has some stock at the moment…

4 Likes

The heelstraps are on backorder though! Maybe I just didn’t see them when they were in stock because they sold out that quickly?

Oops, I missed that part of your question. Yeah, must have sold quick.
None currently on the water to Europe unfortunately, but it looks like some retailers still have them - MBS F5 Ratchet Heelstraps Mountainboard Bindings - ATBShop.co.uk
Good luck.

3 Likes