DIY Wheels - Hollow Wheels - Very Comfy

basically no rounding just the edge is broken

I’ll take a pic!

The pegs are tall by about 5.5mm if that is the case. When you put on those pulleys, you shouldn’t torque the wheel on to tight or the metal will dig into the wheel and it will cause a stress riser. They need to have a fillet on the corner. The stress riser can cause a crack and then that crack will propagate through the wheel. I haven’t seen any pulley designed where they let a sharp corner bottom out into a wheel. That is so dangerous.

1 Like

I don’t think they bottom out like you are saying. They are installed with a custom washer that comes with the wheel.

Been running mine on TB110’s for over 150 miles already without seeing any signs of wear

2 Likes

Better pic maybe

1 Like

I think the inner ring sits against the plastic core

Any dimension specs on the washer?

1 Like

I’ll have to check when I’m home

1 Like

4.8mm/.19" 8mm id

want me to get the bearing seat in the model too?

1 Like

If you have time, that would be amazing.

So there is the bearing seat and then the washer. Confused about 4.8mm and 8mm ID… You mean 4.8mm is the ID and 8mm is the OD? Confused.

1 Like

4.8mm thick, 8mm ID

boom
bn kegel adapter polished.STEP (112.2 KB)

provide your own 608zz bearing and 8mm spacer

1 Like

What is the OD?

1 Like

Foster, you da man

2 Likes

12.7mm

3 Likes

Ok Cool. I gotta run. Will confirm later this evening.

TY SO MUCH!!!

3 Likes

Hey Guys, we have a delay. It is a national Chinese Holiday, “Mid-Autumn Holiday”, which means no one is working for the next 8 days.

I didn’t account for that in the timeline and the tooling is taking a bit longer. I thought by this time, we’d be close to finishing and I’d be doing testing of the production molds.

I had to make changes to the pulley diameter because the Metroboard pulley interfered with the pulley core and add more ribs for more mechanical lock to the wheel (it is on the core side and so it shouldn’t affect performance because that is not the flexy bit of the wheel. So caught in a position where they are still working on the tooling, but now it is the holiday and they are stopping. This means it is another 8 day delay. I’ll be sending an email to all the early pre-sales people.

I also added more ribs for a mechanical lock for added confidence that the Polyurethane won’t delaminate. Though, there is a chemical adhesion and some very strong mechanical locks. Really over designing it, but better safe than sorry.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

14 Likes

Really appreciating the updates and the clear communication.

happy to wait a little longer for you to get it right :ok_hand:

2 Likes

this I like

eh

had worse

1 Like

Ugh. Yeah, I am bummed about this but do it right the first time. If something happens, I’ll refund everyone. I’m not touching any of this money. Fortunately, I have some successful businesses under my belt that I can afford to do this, but I’m not into burning other people’s cash.

9 Likes

You are just the person we? I want here

Can’t wait to see the all terrain version :grinning:

:thinking: although I’ll see how well these ones do too

1 Like