DIY Wheelbite help.

Just an FYI subsonic is going out of business and has stopped production completely :pensive:

what would be the advantage in using the bigger mount over the regular one for 6 inch wheels

I recommend the longer one if you intend to use a wheel pulley bigger than 60T. 72T pulleys don’t work on the smaller mounts.

Also, the bigger ones are stronger. 8mm thick arm plate and 13mm thick clamp. The regular one has a 6mm thick arm plate and 10mm thick clamp.

Sounds good, also what do you think of diyelectricskateboard site I seen a lot of really good or really bad things about them, I want to use their motors, motor pulleys, and wheels although Im scared they arent gonna show up or they arent going to be good to begin with.

I know, it is a bummer. I got mine during the group buy in 2019. The Century 40 is an amazing deck.

Get the TB motors they are solid. Pass on those AT wheels. Search this site and you will see that a lot of people had issues with wobbles that they could not fix with balancing. Checkout Infinity Hubs. TB motor pulleys are fine but don’t pay for bolt-on wheel pulleys. Get pressfit wheel pulleys from Boardnamics instead.

They dont have the wheel pulley size I want, I was going to get my wheel pulleys from 3dservias. However should I get their motor pulleys it looks like they will work.

What about their 110mm street wheels

The 110s are great wheels. I have three sets. The 3D Servisas pulleys are class leading too.

If you’re willing to wait, I got 6384 motors coming in. 140kv, 170kv, and 190kv. Can throw in a discount if you bundle with the mounts. I’ll also have 36T and 40T pulleys back in stock. Few more weeks

1 Like

I just got done with my evo build, not even close to any wheel bit on 218’s with TB 1110’s, I don’t think there would even be an issue with pneumatics judging by my clearance, but I have tested that.

I dont think 6384 motors fit with your 220 trucks though, I also plan on getting 40t and 48t wheel pulleys

Dual 6384 works on 220mm hangers with room to spare :smiley:

Nice Ill look into that then, Im definitely not building this for a bit so I dont have any other option but to wait lol

1 Like

do you have a link to those infinity hubs I cant seem to find them

I searched a bit and it appears that @surfnacho 's Infinity Hubs are not finalized yet but maybe he will pop by to let us know when they will be available for sale.

Read this for more info on pneumatics and wheels:

I have only used one set of pneumatics (3DS with Klever 6X2s) so I am the wrong person to ask about what is best. There are a lot of options out there depending on size and tire compatibility. People like Bergs and Metro 155s but finding tires and tubes can be a bitch.

Also this is the best place to get answers from lots of experienced people for questions about DIY and parts recommendations:

1 Like

@Jasiek

Production on the hubs has begun, you can pre-order them at overheadelectric.com

There is a pre-order coupon code that allows you to save 50 bucks.

2 Likes

Idk man 250 is a lot of money

1 Like

200 my duuuude

ya but Im not building this for a while and add in the pulleys and tires and tubes and this gone be a bunch