DIY Electric Winch

on the vesc tool app

1 Like

When you charge it you set the voltage. You need to watch some videos about battery building before asking 1000 questions. Learn about the VESC tool and we can help you with settings.

2 Likes

Alright, thank you very much!

2 Likes

maybe just a big rope spool on a rolling road type setup.

2 Likes

What do you mean? Rolling road?

I just thought you could modify a standard mountain board wheel hub to have bigger flanges and to be able to coil a lot of rope on

1 Like

i guess you mean like a “bush winch”

i was thinking more like this

where the spool has drive wheels and you place your board on top to transfer power.

2 Likes

would the force between the wheels be enough? would you just get a ton of slip

2 Likes

For using esk8 parts out of esk8 context…

5 Likes

So guys, here it is!!
The first prototype of the eleectric Winch.
I know that nothing is aligned and its kinda ugly, but I just did everything out of wood that will be replaced by cnc cuts of Hard plastic or metal.

It is also very big and bulky, but that will change with the next iterations of prototypes.

3 Likes

@Kev looks great for the 1st prototype. I was wondering if you could already test the torque you get.

Is this single motor setup enough to pull you out of deep water?

what input did you use to controll the speed?

thanks and great job on your build!

1 Like

Did you test the winch already?

I´m from Germany and i´m planning a similiar project. Please contact me if possible…

1 Like

Hi Kev, I have a 5.5hp gas engine on a wake winch—would like to replace with an electric. What electric motor did you use?

A 12s4p p42a pack with a decent single drive capable of 75A batt continuous could give you a consistent 5hp to replace that

1 Like

thank you @jack.luis

1 Like

@jack.luis Do you think a 6S 12Ah 25C Battery would do the job? Or should I buy a second one to have 12S available?
thanks a lot

how far are you with the winch?
does this engine have enough power?
TB 6380 190KV

i want to build the same
Thanks

1 Like