DIWHY did you build this

Damn Facebook is on fire today.

3 Likes

Here some other work. *Now officially a forum member!

12 Likes

Love this guy’s sense of humor. Also love that he’s not working with an unlimited tool budget and with unlimited floor space… Not yet anyway. I do hope his channel takes off and provides him with the excuse to go wild with not only projects but tool/workshop acquisition as well.
In the mean time: Cody, if you’re listening, I’ve got a 13” lathe, a manual mill, a mig, plasma cutter, drill presses, grinders, vises, files and a willingness to let you learn on them if you need to make a part that you don’t have the equipment for. I’ve got to disclose that I’m no machinist, but with trial and error I’ve managed to get through some stuff I probably shouldn’t have attempted. I’m an hour north of downtown Houston.

4 Likes

Self post - and to answer why - box on top because I am too lazy to wire the second ESC to the boards battery.

Everything else cause I need to try all wheel drive.

Before:

:wind_face::wind_face::wind_face::

61lb vanguard. I need to just wire in the second ESC.

18 Likes

Intrigued to see how that DD works with a set of ratio’d motors paired! Please do tell!

6 Likes

No comment.

11 Likes

Its a proof of concept, not an actual build. :smiley:

1 Like

I’m aware, it just belongs here bc it look funny

2 Likes

Could be the mascot of this thread.

14 Likes

it could be worse, right?

1 Like

I would ride the hell out of that, jank or not it looks fun!

2 Likes

Ah yes the electric penny farthing

4 Likes

You think? I can’t see why it would be more fun than a scooter, and the riding position with the handlebars that far forward might be awkward.

2 Likes

I haven’t ever been on a scooter so I can’t really give a opinion, but I had a kick scooter with the big wheels (maybe 16 in) when I was a kid and I rolled over anything on it.

I definitely see why you put it here, but I’m a sucker for anything that has a motor so I’d ride about anything in this category with no shame :grin:

4 Likes

You’re just supposed to be accelerating so hard all the time that the weight balances out

1 Like

Electric skatootercle

5 Likes

How is this not a real word

7 Likes

It is now. Be the change you want to see.

4 Likes

thank you so much for the smile … reminded me I’ve done worse… from an old confession post :joy:

I’m quite proud of the frankenstein post-apocolyipic style of my ‘will last 1 ride no more’ collection of old china bits build :joy:

yup that is some of that green gardening wire and hotglue :grinning:

20 Likes

Oh my god this is gnarly (both in a good and bad way)

6 Likes