Discussion/action: Should we build regional resource threads

No, but not sure that’s needed. There can be point people to look after a region maybe. Once all the information is in place, it shouldn’t need a ton of upkeep.

2 Likes

This is the avenue I would take, and simply have their actions ‘watched’ by the community. An unfair moderator would lead to a free seat for that threads moderation.

1 Like

I support the idea. Trick would be getting the areas right.

2 Likes

Nyc is pretty organized already and there’s not much DIY guys here

This would be great, elect one person from each region to start a thread following a template, this person would be responsible for gathering the information shared as the thread progress and adding to the first post

1 Like

You can make a post a wiki and then everyone can edit it. Example:

3 Likes

Wiki form factor with a regional overseer sounds really promising.

2 Likes

yes definitely, better format than the forum (to messy)

I vote no, we’re a global commUnity. If you want regional to organise group rides and local events, go for gold, but don’t split the rest.

If it weren’t for the global community, I wouldn’t have a UK board and trucks, mated to German gear drives, powered by electronics from various APAC countries.

Paying shipping? Seriously waiting for components to turn up in the mail is half the fun.

2 Likes

Following The Network Effect, one huge community is stronger so long as it has a common goal. For esk8 in general… this forum fills that purpose.

In Ohio, I found that a lot of local Facebook esk8 ride groups suck in terms of engagement, advocacy, and actual membership of riders (except for Cincinnati!) and started to push one Facebook group with a goal of unifying everyone interested in that one purpose (to get people in Ohio out riding dem streets). In this instance, the biggest network would be one where everyone who rides in Ohio joins.

TLDR big forum good. Big niche groups good. So long as no networks compete at the SAME level.

1 Like

I love this. One wiki per region, state, whatever makes sense with a listing of local ride-planning groups (Facebook, Discord, tin can phones, whatever), builders, suppliers, advocacy groups (think Germany) etc.

1 Like

Hey mal-

I may have explained it wrong, but there will be no splitting off of users into regions. This is merely the creation of resource pools that pertain to each region that can be accessed if someone needs a part, service, riding partner, etc closer to where they live.

I too not only love shipping/waiting for packages, I depend on it because there is very little in the way or resources local to me.

2 Likes

So, anyone game to volunteer to build one out to see if it would work out? Maybe Australia?

Modest start here:

@agentdev
@glyphiks
@rusins
@Sn4Pz

2 Likes

Not me lol, as far as I’m aware there’s no one from Latvia even here. I’ve seen 2 guys with Evolve boards a long time ago, and other than that it’s just me and my brother :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I dont live in the land down unda @BillGordon :stuck_out_tongue:

Plus there are like 9 million other esk8ers more integral to the community who could take the spot (in NY I mean)

I know where you live. Doesn’t mean you can’t contribute. I live in Singapore, but I can populate it.

1 Like

Have been adding to the Aus wiki, will keep adding as I think of more :+1:

2 Likes

Just tagging guys who showed interest in the project. Didn’t realize I would be ruthlessly stabbed in the back, have salt ground into the wounds, and then be thrown naked into a pig pen for consumption.

3 Likes

Thanks, not-Caden.

1 Like

;_;