Direct Drive BoundMotor Kit (Elofty Style)

You should probably read through this thread a bit. No one really knows weather or not they’re the same as the og elofty’s, there are some clear difference’s between the bound first drives and lofty’s like the set screws on the cans. These new ones are a bit different, I’m wondering if they changed anything with the axle’s or else wise on the new version.

I’d also probably consider TB110’s for a little more ground clearance than the 100mm boas.

1 Like

Yea I have seen the thread, And yea with the 100 mm it is 14mm clearance, so any rocks bigger then that will hit the can…

1 Like
  Hey! I actually purchase the V1 of these motors. They literally updated a week after I ordered mine. I'm not mad though, because the v2s are a whopping 6mm larger due to the 3mm thick additional heatsinks.( which would be a plus if you plan on running no less than 107mm wheels) 

I originally got 100mm MBS all terrains, but I was clipping my motors on most things (I like to go up curb ramps and occasional dirt trails) so I switched to torque boards 110mm arctic blue 74a and OMG  I will never go back, most comfortable ride... sorry, I digress.  

The motors perform great! And I’m only 10s!! Getting a top speed of 28mph on flat ground with the 110s on 10s… and 11 miles with hills

- I live along the coast in Monterey Ca. I weigh 220 lbs.... ah man I'm rambling... what's more. I dont like double king pins, so me being an experimental at heart I attempted to run them single kingpin by removing the middle peice, and it worked!!!  So I can enjoy the benefits of long/wide wheels base, with the stability of single kingpin and because the trucks are so wide you dont lose carve-ability , I'm comparing to my reverse King pins 50° .  Ill try and post pics... bottom line is, these are worth the price at 350$, especially compared to others like torqueboards DD for 650$!!! For motors and rear hanger only.![20200427_084014|666x500](upload://pTNgmzbzct9Hy6oFsWjhnKlsZ8t.jpeg)
3 Likes

I forgot to add, I’m running a 10s2p 8.1 AH.

1 Like

motor clearance shot, gets 7/8 " of clearance with the 110mm’s

2 Likes

Those are the hubs you could convert into DD isn’t it?
Now that would be your best option. Maybe you could ask @rey8801 if he still got a conversion kit (I don’t think so but worth a try)

1 Like

I don’t, but @Riako is selling a pair.
Anyhow @S4nd3r got already the DD listed above :wink:

2 Likes

Yea i ordered the dd bound motor, but still need to see what wheels to get (100-110) not sure about the clearance on my board.

The new DD are even bigger than the old ones so I think 110 would be better

1 Like

I’ve got the conversion kit that need to be married to a set of the hubs either way.

1 Like

The new dd is 72mm, so with 100mm wheels that would be 14mm clearance. Gonna see once they arrive what to do

Did you get these DD running? With which wheels? Any issues to report?

1 Like

320,37€ on esk8 supply

I have gen 2 lofty and current gen Bound both apparently 58kv the Bound DD struggle with anything more than 120mm, also not great at hills even with evolve 97mm.

Is that on 2WD configuration?

Mine is a 4WD build, so that should be less of an issue…

2wd but I am going them on the same board soon 4wd. Moving to 155mm Eovan Pneumatics with pinwheel adaptors. Should do away with lack of torque.

1 Like

Get the biggest wheels you can, preferrably torqueboards or 107s, those cans look like shit in 10 mins.

Yea they work great. Running TB110mm on them. Very smooth and good power.

7 Likes

That’s a nice looking build :+1:

2 Likes

Added some programmable leds on it aswell :wink:

4 Likes