DieBieMS v0.9 Batch 4

Oh sorry I totally missed that my bad.

1 Like

The cost is there wolrdwide in this climate - and 200 makes sense on a sustanable side. on the flipside, this is without a doubt the best time to get feedback from consumers with summertime riding. could we have a 50 pc/150 batch as a strech, build up it up?

1 Like

bump. I’d be willing to double my order to help make this happen.

I can stock like 30 pcs. But still a large gap. We can start probably when we reach 100pcs here. I don’t think they allow me collecting deposits here, I have to account for some cancellations.

2 Likes

Put in an order for 2, I was also a part of batch 3. Any update on the quantity?

I think we can start. but still waiting for Danny @JTAG to sent over the pfet changes…

Sam

2 Likes

any update would be nice, looks like summer with diebiems is unlikey

I am getting no replies from Danny unfortunately…

1 Like

Hi @Sam, still no news ?
I just did a big mistake while servicing my board and just released some magic smoke from my DieBieMS… :pensive:
So I’ll be in !

Do you propose repair service also ?
The fresh fried one could be used as one for bench testing.
And then dig into the code for unleashing all its potential ! :slight_smile:

finally someone is selling x2 from batch 3 though i recall that batch having some kinda flaw?or was that batch 2 Icant recall… Without any news here is tricky to decide

Yeah, still no news on the new version.

Send the old one in, we can repair any issues if the PCB is still intact. (ie, not traces burned).

3 Likes

Did the DOA return one ever arive? Presuming lost in post system then corona hit

Any biebiems for sale here?

@Pimousse Sam & team did an excellent job repairing my 2 DieBieMSs for a very reasonable deal inc. shipping, can’t recommend enough. I screwed up the repair on one and thankfully didn’t try the other…lessons learned

2 Likes

I’d love some more insight into the QC. I have 3 BMSes from different batches and all of them have had issues that I repaird on my own. Learned enough to repair someone elses diebiems with the same issues too.

Once you get this rolling I’d love to give you some detailst on what I found.

2 Likes

I need to perform more testing because I could successfully connect DieBieMS Tool through the Serial port. So the MCU is fine. I now have to reconnect a battery to see if the LTC and other ADC are ok.

What did I do?
Well, I thought the DieBieMS was disconnected, but actually It was only the FSESC (the load). I decided to resolder a broken balance lead with my AC iron.
Once the tip touched the p group tab, SPAK and magic smoke…
But I couldn’t see any burn mark on any component.
The USB doesn’t work anymore (if even doesn’t wake the DBMS up).

Eventually, I just fried the USB chip…
If only the USB isn’t working, I’ll fine with it. I was looking for building a bench setup for working on CANbus communication between BMS and VESC, so it might be the best opportunity for it ! :smile:

1 Like

Does the led lightup if you give it power? (use the button to turn it on)
If no then the MCU prob is toast. I’ve done a few blunders myself but never managed to kill the 3.3V regulator. Seems robust as fuck.

If you shorted something between the P groups chances are that you killed the Pfet and/or the LTC6803 IC. Easy way to troubleshoot it is to connect it as usual and meassure the voltage over the bleed resistors. If you have anything over 0V you got a busted balance leg.

I havn’t killed the USB to uart chip yet but that should be easy to troubleshoot

1 Like

Next step is to hook a battery and read relatime values.
Finger crossed.

I am planning to buy 2 bms to build two battery pack. I will parallel those two battery packs. When I paralleled my battery packs, do I need to put diode or any other things between two battery packs?

1 Like

Not sure what purpose the diode would have. You need to draw 160 amps? or why are you putting them in parallell