Did boosted start selling their stuff on Aliexpress?

That has been on there for ages, the battery is not included in the deal.

Its just there to show, i spoke with them once and got som pics of the real deal.

1 Like

It’s not Boosted :man_facepalming: this person selling this on taobao.

2 Likes

There are some people who have gotten into the supply chain and started buying up what I assume to be left over inventory from boosted not paying bills or just stuff that has no where to go anymore. Such as this shop.

2 Likes

Boosted factories haven’t made parts for some time. So there is left over inventory. Some is things that didn’t pass QC or V2 batteries that were having flaw.

Be careful buying these.

2 Likes

Honestly over the past year or so I didn’t think boosted’s factories even had much QC to begin with… their subreddit was nonstop posts about issues with motors or batteries.

That one I linked expressed some kind of warranty, which I thought was interesting. But I don’t need boosted parts either way.

1 Like

How can they provide warranty if they don’t make the part.

3 Likes

Based on continuing to have replacement’s in stock I guess, but I’m sure the supply will dry up sooner than later.

1 Like

Update:

Tried embarrassing them but that unfortunately didn’t do anything. I will keep trying until I get something useful

Edit: but I have to say they reply really fast tbh

2 Likes

Can you make a can bus BMS that turns on the boosted, bypassing the boosted battery/ BMS.

I tried sniffing the traffic, and got nowhere

We have the boosted bms.

2 Likes

What don’t you have? :joy:

3 Likes

do you have a simple 12s balancing only/no discharge, BMS that will allow 8A charging?

I guess you’re pushing it a bit too far :smiley:

can you please provide more info?

I’m thinking on how to improve the range contantly on every ride for the past few months.

I’ve done some digging about the boosted battery - afaik they are using ANR26650M1-B in 12s1P. problem is that these have really unusual voltage range - 3.3V nominal and 2.5V to 3.6V full range compared to 3.6V nominal and ~3V to 4.2V of regular li-ion cells - so swapping them for li-ions is a bit fishy (waisting lot of the cappacity), not mentioning the proprietary cable solutuon…

so my question is - do you have some kind of magical BMS which controlls the on/off of the board and also enables us to use regular li-ion cells?

You cannot switch to Liion. It must be LiFePO4 cells.

1 Like

This ^^^ @jeffwuneo

A module that bypass the needed bms for the boosted esc to make it running.

Yes, There is a 3 wire comm in addition to the +/- 54 volts on V2 Batteries.
V1 batteries were 2 wire comm