Did boosted start selling their stuff on Aliexpress?

I didn’t believe it but I think the boosted manufacturer in China started selling the enclosures on Aliexpress :joy:
And no they don’t sell the enclosures without the motors/esc I already asked them :upside_down_face:

€ 259,73 14% Off | Four-wheel electric skateboard full set of modified accessories dual drive, 36V, 90mm wheel motor, replaceable tires

2 Likes
  1. The shells aren’t hard to come by

2. if these are even ‘real’ these are very likely to be the v2 batteries that were catching fire, just thrown into a combo deal to make it enticing.

Hard pass :raised_hand:

E: it says 42v… I don’t think I remember a 42v boosted battery (lifepo4 =\= 42v, liion ER =\= 42v, The SR v1 battery was 45/46v if I remember correctly…)

I dunno :thinking: seems weird

3 Likes

i was also skeptical about the 42v situation, i was also not sure about how to connect the esc that has a xt60 with the boosted battery that has this weird dick shaped connector. I askedt them for a pic of the battery and of the way to connet the battery to the esc

2 Likes

Good point… Even better a reason to stay away from it.

I actually don’t even think that board will run even if you managed to wire it up. The BB BMS needs to talk with the BB ESC to function :thinking::man_shrugging:t2:

As for v2/v3 being different, I can’t tell the voltage on a v3 board. No retailer online has good info on it. They all just say it outputs 100-240v @50-60hz… Which is the input… :man_facepalming:t2:

1 Like

Exactly that’s the problem everyone on here is going through
Update:

Sometimes I just wonder how people wanna sell their stuff when they talk like this :man_facepalming:t2:

7 Likes

Well that’s exactly it. They don’t want to sell it themselves. They want a technologically inexperienced person to buy one themselves. After it doesn’t work they’ll likely play the cat and mouse game of ‘oh we cant refund you and pay for shipping back, but you can pay for it being shipped back and then we’ll refund you’ (good luck getting that refund then :roll_eyes:)

Also you know, language barrier and that jazz :man_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

Yea man it sucks, i mean if they already have the boosted batteries then they could sell them to the esk8 community and i bet they will benefit alot cuz tbh the boosted hardware is really high quality are highly sout after, but instead no they have to ruin it with shitty customer service and including shitty quality hubs/esc

1 Like

I’ve got no idea if he’s still working on it, but @jeffwuneo was talking about getting/working on Boosted Board hardware.

1 Like

that would be so great, i would be the first to buy a set

Sometimes I just wonder how people wanna sell their stuff when they talk like this

Is another country Bro. The US is not the center of the Universe. For starters and for the same reason why don’t you (me, us) learn some chinese, right? :wink:

4 Likes

Yes we have some.

1 Like

If you look at this, it’s clearly a boosted knock off. Boosted never made huh motors, ever.

And the enclosure does not say boosted on it.

This kit has been around for years in different forms. But the problem that exists with it is like most direct from China crap. It’s poorly engineer (purposely under engineered to be very cheap).And won’t last. I can’t tell you the 100 things they do to cheap out but I’ll just say you get what you pay for. If you use quality magnets and glues and wires, a good motor can’t be made at a factory level for less than $100 each, even in massive bulk.

But if you want rattling bearings, loose Magnets that jam your motor, shorts from trapped air pockets when they glued the motor wire that slam your brakes on and many more potential failure points, go for it. It’s Russian roulette with your life… and as you can tell, it annoys me that people keep selling dangerous products with no concern for their end users life.

3 Likes

I thought it was 43.8V but I could be wrong. Never had a Boosted

(3.65 LiFePO4 x 12S)

3 Likes

Maybe they just labeled it wrong and are talking about 10s at full charge? It says 36v in the description?

1 Like

No you’re definitely right. I had to dig through my pictures but I found my bbv1 battery cracked open with 12 cells :+1:

2 Likes

Standard Hobbywing ESC/remote as well.

1 Like

The battery does clearly say boosted on it tho I think thats what people are wondering about

Boosted ESC enclosure clone

Any news on the belts? (480mm)

EDIT : forgot that its weekend

Have you noticed the Alibaba translate sign🤭?

2 Likes