Devolved GTX Special Edition - First Build

And here is the deck :sleepy:

Its gonna be a mongrel to get that foam adhesive off.

Any hot tips on how to retain the threaded inserts to be used again after skinning? @Sender ?

2 Likes

You spinning the bottom to reduce flex?

@Sender Yep, gonna do at least a couple of layers of carbon, its super flexy.

1 Like

I doubt they are gonna be salvageable without great pains. Are they easy at all to remove? Can’t quite tell the type in the picture

These ones. Didnt glue them in, but did strip one of the hex bits :rofl: i think I will try to remove them :sleepy:

3 Likes

:sob::sob::sob:

5 Likes

Was going to say drilling those inserts out is the only way if they strip which 5 out of 10 will do because they like to fuck you. Looks like you worked that one out for yourself. Lucky for you no epoxy or you would be sourcing great big inserts right now for the huge holes in the deck or filling them in and starting again. Good job.

1 Like

There will be filling :rofl:

2 Likes

:kissing_smiling_eyes: :ok_hand: bellissimo !

The stiffening begins.

4 Likes

So i got the board stiffened no dramas and got the enclosure back on.

Maiden voyage was going great until one side of the ESC just shit itself after about 3km :sob: it was the side that the METR is connected too also so i lost connection with that to be able to try and change anything :man_facepalming:

Opened it up, the whole side of the vesc seems to be not working, but the metr was still receiving power, just not talking. Cos of the way its all put together in there, im gonna need to pull all the guts apart :man_facepalming:

Worst case scenario, i have 2 single flipskys i can replace the dual with, and i might swap out the diebiems for a small charge only bms while im in there.

8 Likes

Darn, hope you get it fixed soon and get back to riding! The first 3km must have been exhilarating

2 Likes

Cheers mate! Ive got everything i need to get it back on the road… everything except time :sweat_smile:

To be perfectly honest, the ride wasnt that thrilling :rofl: ive pretty much been exclusively riding high power boards for the past few months… the esc settings with the 2:1 ratio of the drive and stock evolve motors left me with quite a mellow ride :rofl: but it was definitely ab awesome feeling rolling down that path on my very first build!

4 Likes

Hey pickle dick! Sucked the farts out of any dead seagulls lately?

2 Likes

Hey man hows this build? Riding still? Was one of the builds that inspired me!

2 Likes

This build is well and truly departed mate, i stripped it down and sold everything except the battery.

The 10s5p battery got torn down and reconfigured into this 13s6p for my Demonseed build.

I learned a great deal from this build, and will be ever thankful to Evolve for introducing me to the world of DIY and how to make shit better

4 Likes

Too bad, your deck looked lovely with that enclosure!

1 Like