Determine max charging Amps of my Ecomobl ET1

Purchased a second hand et1 for a friend with 20 miles on it for 650$! Great price I believe, boards been great so far been able to get 20 miles on a single charge nice! But just have a question about the charging situation. It came with a 4a charger from the previous seller which seems to not be the original charger, it came with a 3a from factory. But that’s besides the point.
My question is what is the max amperage charger I could get for this board, maybe not the MAX but like a faster charger since the 4a takes about 2-4 hours. It’s a 12s3p config with Lishen LR2170SF cells. I know all the things that come with a faster charger cell degradation, heat etc. but this would be a charger that I only use when going on long trips and want to take a drink or food break and charge at the same time. Any other time I’d use the slower charger for more cell life. Any suggestions?

The datasheet lists a “maximum charging current” rate of 2.25A at room temperature so theoretically you could charge at up to 6.75A for your 3P pack and not be above the cell’s rating as long as the hottest cell stayed below 45°C.

But the cells would get toasty at that high a rate inside a wrapped up pack and IMO that 6.75A rate would age the cells faster. But if you’re not concerned about that and are absolutely sure the cells are in good condition you could try charging them at that high a rate. There’s a chance the BMS might not allow it but I don’t know.

It’s your call though as there’s no way we can know the condition of those cells and what any risks might be.

1 Like

Would 5 amps be a “good” middle ground for speed and longevity, seems like the 4a charger is pretty “fast” and safe

Be sure to check your battery. Ecomobl is known for using different cells than on their datasheet.

There’s no way I can say. I don’t know anything about the condition of your cells or the BMS in that board.

5A is between the 4A charger and the manufacturer’s 6.75A fast charging rate for the pack but that’s all we can say.

For decent cell life the 4A rate used by the matching charger seems about right. Especially in a wrapped up pack.

If you want to charge faster then you can decide to try it but it’s your call. All I can really say is that if you definitely have Lishen SF cells then Lishen says you can charge at up to 6.75A if they are kept under 45°C.

1 Like