Designing an all in one carbon fibre deck for a large pack

This is a CF chassis concept I dreamed up. I had envisaged single stack, with two long enclosures for batteries & escs. I had deliberately not put Widths and lengths as this would allow flexibility for the builder in deck shape.

There’s also this old thread:

1 Like

I can’t agree more.

Design your esk8 to keep water out – but also design it to work if the enclosure is full of water.

Anything else just doesn’t last, it seems.

It’s good when lids are on the bottom of things, because if the seal ever leaks when the seal starts leaking, at least the water will leak back out instead of pooling inside.

1 Like

Ive gotta know if people with boards like this can carry them?

2 Likes

Why? Ride it.
I can’t carry a motorcycle. Still fun to ride.

4 Likes

Must … not … fall for the sexist joke bait.

It is really hard.

7 Likes

Cause when the annoying ass cops on bicycle tell me that I have to walk because its only alowed in a skate park(Which is false I check) I dont wanna have to carry a 40 pound board.

@Juddymuddy

2 Likes

Go faster or call uber lol

3 Likes

Wait a minute. You got caught by two donut guzzlers on bicycles?

2 Likes

Its was on a really slow 15 mph road and this bitch outa no where rolls up and demand we pull over and walk them.

2 Likes

I was actually looking at the rage post about water proofing. I will definitely consider it, it is just that I really like the look of evolves cf deck or sleek decks like the Haya

This is a life saver man, so much information! It is a shame that the design didn’t take off in the end

Evolves have that same problem that every integrated deck builder falls into. It’s a trap. Once the seal leaks, the water gets trapped inside. If the door was on the bottom, that problem would not exist. Seal could leak all day, doesn’t matter.

Every seal will start leaking. The only question is when? After 10km? Maybe 100km? What about 1000km? It’s gonna leak. It’s better if the design takes this into account. That’s the difference between rock-solid vehicle engineering and toy manufacturing.

2 Likes

OK, so water resistant it is!

I may still make it. Might start out with a prototype in aluminium and fibreglass though. So many other priorities at the moment.

I think unless you actively take steps to seal the electrical system, water will inevitably find a way in.

1 Like

dickhead :upside_down_face:

actually getting the enclosure made by psychotiller but its been 2 months…

4 Likes

Water resisting*

Don’t open this can of worms :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Anything can be waterproof if you cast it in epoxy

1 Like

Even tools

1 Like

Or kitchen floors

1 Like

Tools and kitchen floors aren’t flexible.
Skateboards are. Epoxy microcracks when it undergoes thermally induced or flexural loads. Especially when combined with carbon fibres because the properties are so dissimilar.

2 Likes