Design me an xbrace, anti sink plate

esk8 news forum

So I have been making a few designs for an xbrace/anti-sink plates to ship with our Paragon deck. I have knocked out a few designs in fusion, even though it’s the simplest of items, I’m yet to make a design I’m 100% happy with.

I know there are a few CAD designers (and those that tinker with CAD) in this forum, so why not offer the designing of it out to the community. Prize will be your design going into production and a set shipped to you. Am i taking advantage of the skills in the forum?, yes I am, unashamedly so!

Please make the design using the old school mounting pattern, and please don’t make it too intricate, (it needs to be machined quickly).

I promise I will be quick at picking a winner this time around.

Yes, it’s just an Xbrace, very simple, but I thought it would be nice for a community member to contribute.

10 Likes

you’ll have to excuse me… I have issues.

dicksink.3mf (117.7 KB)
dicksink.step (181.9 KB)

19 Likes

Love it Al, good job it’s not a community vote, if it is was, I would undoubtedly have stubby dicks adorn my decks.

3 Likes

I still can’t believe I actually convinced @BenjaminF to put dicks on his ducks

9 Likes

I might just get a couple made up, although my machinist might give me some funny looks.

1 Like

Collectors items those duck dick handles haha

1 Like

In b4 Brian loses his shit about another esk8 contest :innocent:

1 Like

@glyphiks if you wanna slip your dicks past the inspector you gotta make them a little less conspicuous. Plausible deniability and all. Just don’t say anything about it, and he might put them into production.

7 Likes

Contests are cool though.

aaaaand we have a winner!

These are some quick ideas I sketched up. The first 2 are specially designed using the Ramm Boards Logo as inspiration. I am curious about your thoughts/criticism/feedback etc @Adstars. (Orange ones are not applicable here for your requirements)

Red: designed for CNC
Orange: designed for sheet metal laser cutting (no 3D features) (not applicable here)

I have a few others in the works.

3 Likes

@yoyotinker some nice designs there mate, due to the lack of phallic symbols, you are by default running in first place.

I’ll give some feedback once I’ve given a little time for those that want to submit an opportunity to do so.

3 Likes

Not very original, not easy to do, but had to be done :stuck_out_tongue: (if you haven’t already)

12 Likes

Looks very nice ,just change small details for milling and I will will vote for You :skateboard::metal:

2 Likes

Bevels at the bottom of the logo
What else?

I imagine that the sharp internal corners may be difficult to achieve

2 Likes

You are correct Al!

1 Like

While you’re at it. Make some nut holders

3 Likes