Derelict Robot Industries

Heyoooooo! Last day of this sale~

5 Likes

Just did these the other night. Forgot how much i hate single rings. Thanks for reminding me about your 69 sale

3 Likes

Woot…
I hope you added more stickers no chance of getting the last lot back off my daughter…

6 Likes

Just built my first battery using DRI battery PCB it’s a game changer with simplicity and safety. Am loving it. No more balance wires.

3 Likes

Good to hear it! Overwhelmingly positive feedback on these. Were working on the new 2.0 versions that incorporate pgroup frames but have been time limited with FreeSK8 ramping up. We’ll get there.

Have a couple surprises in the pipeline though, somewhat related.

4 Likes

I’ll make a proper thread for it when we have some new hardware in hand to show off, but quick update on the FreeSK8 Remote Formerly Known As OSRR:

Hit a milestone today as the first pass design on the FreeSK8 Remote PCB/internals is done and being sent off for a prototype run. This project has been in the works for awhile & has had great results & feedback, so excited to finally be bringing it forward as a more polished iteration.

Current specs:

• Cybertech Hall-Effect Milspec Thumbwheel
  • ESP32 MCU w/ 16meg flash
  • Xbee3 2.4ghz DSSS Radio
  • 1.3" TFT IPS LCD
  • Haptic Vibration motor + driver
  • 90db Buzzer
  • 12-bit 4-Channel ADC
  • 2x Joystick/Thumbwheel/Trigger inputs
  • Up to 3 buttons, externally mounted for flexibility in design.
  • USB-C charging
  • LED-Push button for on/off

The internal PCB will have its own frame/enclosure that houses a battery slot. Trying to make this as modular as possible so its easy to design different style grip enclosures around a uniform internal module. Here’s an example from an earlier design:

Will have some more progress updates to share once new hardware arrives. Cheers!

28 Likes

Such a good idea to have the module removeable like that Andrew, I cant wait to see this come to life.

7 Likes

So I could put a thumbwheel and a trigger at the same time? If so, can both control throttle during a same ride?

1 Like

Intended for split throttle/brake setup for the weirdos that like that. Won’t be something we support out of the gate, just making sure the hardware is there to support an additional analog input for flexibility.

5 Likes

I like the idea that my arthritis doesn’t cut my rides in half cus I can’t push the throttle anymore

4 Likes

Me. That’s me.

1 Like

Me too, the maytech split trigger is amazing

2 Likes

As long as it holds signal :expressionless:

Dat shit scary

3 Likes

Yeah I’ve only lost it once I think, near a cell tower. It did freak me out though haha I always check the signal meter on screen

2 Likes

Didnt know that was a thing, that’s pretty cool. Though not as cool as a never having to think or worry about my remote signal on my puck :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

yeah I’m not a big thumbwheel fan though, I like having a huge throw on the throttle and brake

3 Likes

Would be useful for an ebike, although using this on an ebike would be weird. It control the volume of a sound system, also weird. A servo driven mechanical brake could be cool though.

1 Like

Don’t entirely follow?

But yeah, can definitely see it mounted in different setups, eBikes included.

Latest ‘TX-Module’ just about done. Working on fitting it into the first outer shells now

1 Like

Some weirdos put a speaker system in their board for music, potentially you could have a pot on the controller, which could adjust the volume of the amp on the board.

2 Likes

Oh yep! 2nd analog input will be there for hacking/whatever. Don’t have any intentions on utilizing it in our initial remote offerings, but wanted the hardware there for expansion

1 Like