Derelict Robot Industries

The first (small) batch of FreeSK8 NRF52 BLE Modules are now available, with 3 different variants- Standard, XR, and External Patch Antenna- to give folks some extra options with their reception game. These units also are powered from 5v and provide their own onboard power regulation vs being powered directly from the ESC 3.3v line.

Fully compatible with the Trampa Wand + FreeSK8 Remote as well as various Bluetooth apps, including the upcoming FreeSK8 Mobile App!

These will be a regularly stocked item but are currently available in limited quantities while we get the rest of our line-up launched.

Cheers!

18 Likes

Bought 2. Thanks for creating things that make us safer

7 Likes

Yay 52 based Bluetooth 5.

4 Likes

Forget all those tech specs, you forgot to mention the most important part!

These things are lovingly hand crafted by the rare North Western Yeti. If you snatch 'em up now there may still be trace amounts of Yeti oils on them, and the resale value of that alone is worth thousands in your local squatch hunting chapter.

Get 'em while they’re hot!

4 Likes

For RF noobs, what is the practical difference between 51 and 52?
I got the vanilla trampa one (51?) :woozy_face:

5 Likes

@tipsy Best testing so far has been done by @hexakopter here:

51 vs 52 has roughly 2x the tx power + loads of other features, more resources, etc. The Fanstel NRF52 module’s we’ve selected are considered high-performance/industrial implementations of the chipset & antenna. They have options with op-amps on the antenna as well, but I feel like 2km range might be overkill at a certain point.

Technical spec comparison:

YOU PEOPLE bought us out of the NRF52-S modules by the time I woke up, so I’m building more of these up today and will have them replenished on the website shortly.

12 Likes

If I could figure out how to work the wand with a unity I’d be if the mind to compare ‘body interference’, NRF cage fighting if you like.

@Deodand sorry but did anything ever happen there?

Ah right

2 Likes

External antenna option. DRI for the win. Now hurry up with my tamaesk8gotchithingybetternotbevapourware.

2 Likes

Will the OSRR come with a robogatchi or nrf52 or will they be seperate? Also can I use OSRR on multiple boards at seperate times?

4 Likes

The FreeSK8 Remote (OSRR 1.0) is sold separately but will also have bundled options with the NRF52 dongles & the Robogotchi.

Also worth stating: The Robogotchi by default uses the same module/antenna as the NRF52-XR and we will also be offering the same external antenna variant. I’ve got a few printed mounting solutions for the antenna that gives it some protection & makes it easier to mount that I’ll share in a bit.

External directional patch antenna in mention:

I don’t think this will be necessary for the vast majority of folks out there, but figured it wouldnt hurt for us to have more flexibility in options.

8 Likes

Bruh sold…

2 Likes

I would probably pick it up if I didn’t have my first METR otw… and I’m spending $500 on eboosted shiz today.

Still have money sitting for when I can order one of the first few FreeSK8 Remotes.

3 Likes

If international shipping options are looking stupid (I have little control over shopify’s integrated shipping services), throw me a PM and I can see what I can do. These smaller items are easy enough to ship out First Class International and save some $$.

2 Likes

Eboosted is an investment in awesome…

3 Likes

Thanks mate. I sure will.

1 Like

yeah and unlike the unity pre order we’ll actually get something too! so great.

2 Likes

More stock across all variants has been replenished! We’ve got about 15 (5x of each type) of this first batch left, all remaining orders received today will ship tomorrow.

Another batch is underway and stock will become more regular over the next month or so here.

Thanks for keeping us busy guys!

5 Likes

Yep the OSRR 1.0 remotes are nRF based and use the same pairing mechanism as other nRF options. You could control two boards at the same time but you’d have to be crazy? eh? anyone?

7 Likes

Finally. My one board per foot plan will come together.

15 Likes

Powerskates :ok_hand:

4 Likes