FreeSK8 System - Project Updates

We’ll be using this thread for posting announcements & releases on the upcoming FreeSK8 System.

Excited to share that the first small addition to the FreeSK8 family is now available & shipping, the FreeSK8 NRF52 BLE Module:

What’s FreeSK8? FreeSK8 is an open source system of hardware components that we will be releasing over the next few month, including the FreeSK8 Remote (OSRR 1.0), a Smart BMS, AS Switch, Robogotchi Datalogger NRF/BLE Module, LightShow Module, and NavCom GPS Module. We will be continuing to flesh out documentation & tutorials for these as we stage for beta testing.

Stay tuned to this thread specifically for future updates!

45 Likes

It’s so sexy seeing actual progress and promises being fulfilled.

8 Likes

2nd :slightly_smiling_face: ^^^ I agree with #1

5 Likes

@DRI: for us dumb ass sk8er punks what’s the biggest differences of NRF52 BLE Module and my existing NRF51 modules??

5 Likes

Good question!

This jerk had some words to say about it on the thread that came before:

6 Likes

Grasias Hermano!

1 Like

If I buy this magic thing does it come with stupid-proof instructions to make it unity-wand togetherness?

3 Likes

I will need to test it myself in order to give you a 100% confirmation, but it should work on Unity on fw5+

The setup would be identical to the Wand/nrf dongle in that case.

While these are based on a proven platform/firmware, it’s still best to consider any new hardware/software combinations ‘beta’.

We will have a good amount of documentation on all of this in the coming weeks/months.

3 Likes

Whoa :eyes: Cool stuff!

subscribed

9 Likes

Yeah I never figured out Trampa oblique instructions which were very heavy on the Vesc, simple not, I guess this maybe a factor in the amount of shelved wands lying about

Insert Head scratching

4 Likes

We are using the Wand as one of the primary comparison devices for all A/B testing, so rest assured we can help flesh out documentation in that regard!

We’re also using the same pairing mechanism on our own remote, and @skate420 has made the pairing process a single button click on the main menu of the FreeSK8 app.

9 Likes

I love you, you big lug

4 Likes

Super excited to have one big, happy, coherent esk8 ecosystem. Really looking forward to putting together a full Freesk8 system, killer work so far dudes.

12 Likes

Damn. There’s a serious tag. Ok. I’ll behave. Subscribed

5 Likes

We made all Vendor Corner [SERIOUS] a few months ago.

7 Likes

‎👍🏽

3 Likes

:hamburger: :metal:

3 Likes

I think we can make that happen!

16 Likes

One remote to rule them all, yes precious.

So basically you’re selling heroin? If you were actually dealing drugs there would be a multi-buy discount, except that must be an impossibility in Shopify, shame :sleepy:

Thank you

6 Likes

I would fucking love this.

7 Likes