Defiant Board Society | who we are and what we're doing

Ai dios mio!!!
It’s sooooo big…

You think this deck would pair well with Moe’s 3 links?

4 Likes

and super comfy lol. the mass and flex just eat up vibrations.

Can’t see why not. They work well on RE 44s and other drop decks with similar geometry.

1 Like

Any chance they’ll be for sale independently? Very interested in the hangers and adjustables haha.

1 Like

@longhairedboy I like the capybara, but I’d buy the shit out of a board with huggie wuggie on it.

I’ve stood on the prototype - it has a small but real comfy amount of flex. Gear drives, big deck, flexible enclosure, all make this a very sick ride.

4 Likes

Sorry if was already mentioned. But what Duro on the Boas?
Or both options maybe I guess…

2 Likes

We’d like to sell all the parts independently. Once we get past this first batch and see how things go, selling parts a la cart should be part of the scale up. It makes a lot of sense to keep things moving through wether they get bolted onto a board or not.

If Damon ever learns how to let go of a board you might be able to get it used one day. He still has ALL of his older boards. ALL OF THEM.

Duro on the wheels is 76A. Soft and grippy. We only bought the one type.

4 Likes

This is the way right …

3 Likes

Some were asking what the board sounds like. @Boardnamics specifically asked me to shoot some video so he could hear them since they’re a bit different than his typical drives. Here’s an unedited ride on the board I did today. Sorry about all the wind noise, but hearing those gear drives is kinda worth it. Also there was a snake, and some horses. And my ass looks great in these pants.

8 Likes

Oooooh!!!
These must be a world of difference from the Hemotox 83a I had when I ran them.

2 Likes

This is the way. Lock the shit out of them. The customer ONLY needs to be able to see the individual cell voltages. Some of the apps only allow you to view the settings and not actually change them, so recommending those versions could be a go but wouldn’t stop more savvy users from finding different versions.

Can you lock people out of changing things in vesc tool as well?

4 Likes

I don’t think so. Short of removing the bluetooth modules, I don’t think you can. I could be mistaken though. At any rate, we don’t have plans to lock people out of their stormcore settings. More than likely we’ll be showing them how to use it, or the freesk8 mobile app, to tune their brakes and acceleration if they want as part of support. With plenty of warnings.

5 Likes

This is how its done! Dont think ill ever be in the market for another board myself, but your policies and methods so far are top notch and well above standard in my eyes, definitely will keep you guys in mind if i need parts in the future. Cheers and keep it up!

2 Likes

Fair. Would be cool to have a dumbed down version much like the focbox tool

6 Likes

May I assume 4WD build with ESC on each side is doable by having both the ends using the big piece in the centre of the bottom?

Love the scales of that board btw. Phat width, phat length, doesn’t even look too out of proportions neither which is really hard to pull off for a big board especially one that’s 46 inches loooooooooooooooong. nice

i know i’m in the minority here, but any chance you could offer a version of the deck that has no w-concave and just a subtle concave/nearly flat? My feet are a bunch of A’holes and start hurting like a mofo on w-concaves. It’s the main reason I sold my hurricane and got a super comfy tynee-explorer.

Looks pretty flat already… perhaps @defiantboardsociety could post a photo of a ruler straight across the deck?

2 Likes

FWIW w concave seemed subtle to me

9 Likes
2 Likes

aggressive ones are painful, yes.

request granted. Here is the bar at the foot area:

a little closer to the middle:

and at the middle:

There’s a lot of noise in these images from the design on the deck and the stuff in the background, but if you pay attention to the shadow of the bar you can see the curve better. The w-cave is actually cambered, it’s less subtle toward the center and more subtle near the feet. This idea was taken from the LHB Witchblade which has a broader w-cave with ins and outs like that to hold your arches. But this is way more subtle.

10 Likes

You wouldn’t need to. If you only filled the center segments with cells, the front compartment is big enough for another stormcore. You’d have to Dremel out some wire holes of course. The rear has to hold an ESC and a big BMS that’s why it’s so much larger. The front tapers up to not just fill the remaining margins of the deck but also to leave room for things like a robogotchi or a metr pro or some kind of GPS anti-theft device or a BEC for headlights or whatever you want. There’s also a little room in the rear for one or two of those things also. But to directly answer your question, you cannot swap the front and rear segments, they’re different shapes, sizes, and bolt patterns. The rear segment would hang off the deck in the front.

3 Likes