Deck Swap Options for Meepo Hurricane

Good thing is I just bought a ton of epoxy for a DIY build(coming soon :eyes:) so all I need to buy at the moment is some 3K carbon fiber fabric. I’ll post a few more updates along the way as I try to repair my board!

1 Like

good luck mate. make sure to stomp on it and test it before you go too fast.

1 Like

OP, if that repair doesnt work, this offer still stands for ya.

1 Like

First step was sanding down the area around the crack.

I used some 80 grit sandpaper, will several passes and wiping off the carbon dust in between(isopropyl alcohol)

Next I mixed up a couple ounces of epoxy resin, which I soaked the fiberglass cloth in, as well as dabbed on and inside the crack. I did two layers of fiberglass, and then did a final sanding pass + some clearcoat to add some gloss back.

Last step was just putting the whole board back together.
After it was built up I made sure to stomp and jump on it to test if it was strong enough. It seems plenty strong for now, but of course the real test is to see how long it lasts over a long period of time.

2 Likes

Its definitely not a pretty fix, but as long as I’m able to ride my board again I’m fine with that.

5 Likes

Its been a while since your last post in this, but i need to spend my 2 cent.
I would never risk my life on a broken deck, if its expensive or not.
I bet this fix will not last that long.
Its suicide.

Yeah I don’t actually have the board anymore, gave it to a friend to use for parts because it was so fucked up. I agree though, not the best idea in the world lmao.

1 Like

God bless you are still alive :pray: