*DEAD PROJECT* neoBOX Dual (March Releasing)

People are so easily excited over here :joy:

8 Likes

Or you could join the greater plan too. More unicorn offsprings to come then.

2 Likes

11 Likes

Who am I kidding. I am so going to buy one of these widow makers.

5 Likes

I’m already tracer, but
I’m already widowmaker

5 Likes

Please stop

4 Likes

Cheers love. the cavalry’s here.

2 Likes

don’t make me regret going with single escs if i miss out on possible awesome features that i won’t get :scream:

Single or individual rather is still the best option today IMO but look forward to a future with good dual ESC option (one of these days).

4 Likes

Can someone explain why everyone is going crazy over high voltage (V)ESC?
We can already have ~4000w output per wheel.
Needing lower KV motors and/or higher reduction ratios is a pain in the ass for the sake of a tiny increase in efficiency… :thinking:

8 Likes

I need it on my electric gokart. I run 20s at the moment, but would love to have 96v, to run faster.

5 Likes

Count me in for 2

1 Like

For ESk8 there is not a huge gain in going higher in voltage. Your motors would run a bit cooler, but you trade that for:

• being out of the low voltage directive scope
  • needing a 16S charger
  • needing a 16S BMS
  • needing to rethink KV and gearing

What is a bad idea: Run a 16S ESC on 12-13S.
16S Mosfets have a way higher On-resistance!
The ESC would run hotter than a 60V rated ESC.
The ESC rating and the battery voltage should match.

11 Likes

My first guess would be a hub motor ebike? It’s easy to get those cheap kits but the controllers are not that fun to work with.

This will end up in jail but cant resist.

tenor (3)

Btw fuck you for getting that song stuck in my head…

7 Likes

I want high voltage because Shut up Brenda!

8 Likes

From my low experience perspective the motor heat is more a limiting factor often, and adding cooling to motors is near impossible where additional cooling for VESCs is trivial.

PLUS

5 Likes

Agreed, and actually I’m not even sure the motor will run any cooler (phase amps VS effective voltage in the motor coils vs duty cycle etc oh well you know the music now) but as you said

FAST

4 Likes

mhhh, and me stupid is thinking about lower voltage all the time, so like 6s or 8s maybe. Ive seen some crazy rocking boards with this in here without issues. As far as i know some of Jensos mtbs are running on 8s too and they rock imo. I know hes working on some higher voltage boards,too, but is there really a need to do so? I dont know, and time will tell i guess.

1 Like